Tom Crawford (Freeman on the Land supporter) attempting to 'reclaim' his former home.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It cant be long before b&b / ukar come looking for their money.

Could Sue's late mums enherited house be next on the chopping block??

None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It cant be long before b&b / ukar come looking for their money.

Could Sue's late mums enherited house be next on the chopping block??

In the recent court proceedings it was stated that B&B are claiming an additional £98,000 in legal costs.

Having a long read on Quatloos last night it would seem that there are a lot of questions being asked about Sue's inherited property.

We also cannot assume that the house would have been left only to Sue. She may have other brothers and sisters. Her late mother's will may have left instruction for the house to be sold and the proceeds divided between the son and daughter as well (Amanda and Craig).

Personally, I would not think that her house was altogether 'safe'.

I have seen this story unfold and sporadically dip in to see what's new. It looked like it was all over until this ridiculous stunt.

Yes, it's sad that an elderly and unwell couple have been evicted from their home of many years.

What is sadder is the stupidity of their family and so called friends in heeding the advice of people that have already tried the Freeman route and failed many times.

The facts remain that they didn't pay back the capital sum borrowed and only the interest. It doesn't take a genius to realise that it was only gong end one way.

And sadder still is that they we're offered enough donations to pay the capital sum demanded by the bank and turned it down.

A farcical affair that just keeps running, probably until Tom Crawford is dead, in prison or in a mental health unit.

His daughter Amanda, son Craig, Guy Taylor, Ebert and Mark 'Ceylon' Haining are all complicit in abuse really.

Yes in addition they had arrears in the interest payments.

The mortgage continued to run past its term because of arrears, when they eventually paid off what was due at the end of the agreement term, they had yet more interest accrued. This is another part of the problem they seemed unable to understand.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

How will the bank plan to get back any shortfall..

Having read through some of the Quatloos site :!: today it looks like he is at least £98,000 in debt and that they will take it from a property the family recently inherited. Silly boy.

That would indeed be cruel..

Cruel but deserved. I've read so much in the last few hours it's difficult not to blame them and their own stupidity and ignorance for all of this.

Not only that but his actions have cost the tax payers thousands and caused his neighbours no end of grief.

No sympathy from here I'm afraid.

If Tom and his wife had any sense they would sell up everything and leave the country. Once the system gets theirs claws into people who try to take them on, they won't stop until they are left with nothing. You do read of people who have ended up homeless, because they might not be a priority for housing. I can't see the FMOTL lot stepping in to help them with somewhere to live. Once they have nothing left, i can see these FMOTL supporters moving on to their next 'victim' to offer mob support to.

A bit sad really. But that is what happens when people don't get advice when their finances are a problem. They might have been able to resolve and still be in their bungalow.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Perhaps the state will care for him, which would be kind of ironic.

They might not. There was an 86 year old lady evicted by a housing association and offered nothing, apart from a Travelodge for a few days. There are thousands of ex Armed forces living homeless. Councils are struggling to offer accommodation to vulneable people, as they don't have places.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

What needs to be remembered is that in 2013 he knew that he could not pay the mortgage off and he contacted the 'Spaniard' from the 'White Rabbit' website (complete and utter barking made FMoTL). The 'Spaniard' helped him with some letters which failed. He was advised by them to seek help elsewhere (and this was where he went wrong):

He was advised to post a question on the GOODY site. His question (from 2013) was to ask whether he could use a Promissory Note to pay off the debt of £43,000. Very quickly the idiots over their 'took him under their wings' and without much ado....introduced him to Haining and Ebert. Tom was a willing participant.

He could not raise £43,000. I would assume that being a self employer carpet fitter and in his late fifties, he could not raise another loan.

What he could have done was to sell the property. Other bungloaws in Fearn Chase had changed hands for between £150k to £175k. Roughly speaking, he could have sold for £150k, paid off the mortage and walked away with around £100k. Granted, he would not get another property of the same size but there is only him and his wife. In the Nottingham area he could of purchased a smaller proprty.

They might not. There was an 86 year old lady evicted by a housing association and offered nothing, apart from a Travelodge for a few days.

I heard today that she is going to be moving back into the repossessed property. She is a serial 'hoarder' and the council have cleared the personal items (dolls etc) and put them into storage. Hopefully her two sons will try to control her obssessive behaviour.

I heard today that she is going to be moving back into the repossessed property. She is a serial 'hoarder' and the council have cleared the personal items (dolls etc) and put them into storage. Hopefully her two sons will try to control her obssessive behaviour.

That is good news. Did not look good having enforcement officers evicting an old lady, with no offer of what permanent accommodation they would provide.

Had she collapsed and died due to the stress the housing association could have been liable.

How will the bank plan to get back any shortfall..

They generally pursue through the county court.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

That is good news. Did not look good having enforcement officers evicting an old lady, with no offer of what permanent accommodation they would provide.

Had she collapsed and died due to the stress the housing association could have been liable.

If any of this was likely I would have thought the vulnerability sections within the act would have been initiated and no enforcment would have been made in any case, are you saying they ignored these provisions ?

I have seen a lt of these. The repayments were a very attractive inducement as they were far better than a standard repayment mortgage. This is why they sold so well. Brokers did not place the emphasis on maintaining repayments on a policy and in several occasions actually said that these could be discontinued if the lender was in financial difficulties according to subsequent claims for mis-selling.

When you are a young first time buyer and the broker says that the principle will not even be due until some time in the dim and distant future, it can seem a very attractive proposition.

Yes indeed they were, the famous red letters. But this was far to late for most of the people unfortunately.

It was a mess the brokers where in hog heaven of course, they were getting the mortgage sale and also a kick back from the insurance companies.

The problem here HB is that he did not pursue a mis selling claim which may have been successful. Unfortunately he was taken in by the FMoTL and like most cases where these "alternative " legal arguments are presented it cost him dearly.

And he would have had mortgage statements, wouldn't he?

HB

Three posts in a row sorry but ther are a number of issues in the points you raised.

The insurance payments were independent of the mortgage. the mortgagee assumed that arrangements had been made to repay the principle when the agrement terminated(at fruition).

Any statements issued by the mortgage company would only reflect the payment of interest on the account.

If the insurance had been ended cashed in or abandoned, it would be classed as terminated or paid up and there would be no contact with the former customer.

There are going to be quite a few Crawfords with the Interest Only Mortgages still out there. As to social housing, it is generally needs based, and dependent on a property to fit their assessed need, which is why many evictees end up in B&B for long periods

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I find it quite hard to believe that anyone who is relying on one endowment policy, sold in 80's, has not been made aware multiple times of potential shortfalls. They will have been advised to capitalise part of the mortgage, or switch entirely to a repayment mortgage to ensure any such shortfall is covered. If they have repeatedly ignored the letters that have been sent to them over this issue, they really have only themselves to blame.

With regards to the old woman, I suspect the vulnerability issue was not considered because she shared the house with her three sons. It would be reasonable to expect them to look after their own mother.

I find it quite hard to believe that anyone who is relying on one endowment policy, sold in 80's, has not been made aware multiple times of potential shortfalls. They will have been advised to capitalise part of the mortgage, or switch entirely to a repayment mortgage to ensure any such shortfall is covered. If they have repeatedly ignored the letters that have been sent to them over this issue, they really have only themselves to blame.

With regards to the old woman, I suspect the vulnerability issue was not considered because she shared the house with her three sons. It would be reasonable to expect them to look after their own mother.

There is difference between made aware and acknowledging it unfortunately, he seems not to acknowledge this even now.

I think once the problem was brought into the open there was some system set up and letters were sent, in fact I know they were.

The problem was unlike conventional arrears there was no breach of any agreement, so letters were only for information only. It was then ut o the debtor to make arrangements if he chose to.