Tom Crawford (Freeman on the Land supporter) attempting to 'reclaim' his former home.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The background to this subject can be read on the following thread.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?448461-Tom-Crawford-eviction-by-bailiffs-Freeman-on-the-Land-(FMoTL)-nonsense-has-no-place-in-the-courts.

Today, Tom Crawford has attempted to 'reclaim' his former house. He is presently on the roof of the property. The following is an extract from a press article that has just been released:

Evicted man Tom Crawford says he has 'reclaimed' his former Nottinghamshire home by locking himself inside.

The 64-year-old, who was evicted from the house on Fearn Chase, Carlton last year following a lengthy battle over his mortgage, posted a video on YouTube on Monday, claiming he had taken back the house.

Supporters of Mr Crawford turned up at the bungalow, offering warm clothes and food, while police were also called to the property.

On Monday afternoon, several police cars were at the scene as Mr Crawford's wife Susan claimed her husband was inside the boarded-up house.

Read more: http://www.nottinghampost.com/Police-presence-Carlton-Tom-Crawford-says/story-29007353-detail/story.html#ixzz44DWAJPQI

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, brainwashing can be permanent and he will believe anything that he is told by the people that keep trying to get something for nothing. He never had the right paperwork in the first place to prove his case, nor could he get it either because his thoughts had been compromised by brainwashing.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

He never had the right paperwork in the first place to prove his case, nor could he get it either because his thoughts had been compromised by brainwashing.

If you are referring to the warrant, he did have a copy of it and he and his family have confirmed this. The courts have even washed their hands of him and have ruled that he is a vexatious litigant.

If you are referring to the warrant, he did have a copy of it and he and his family have confirmed this. The courts have even washed their hands of him and have ruled that he is a vexatious litigant.

Is this why he is hoping to be arrested, so he can have his say in the magistrates court ?

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

I must be psychic.

Problem with this is that along with many lately, he is under the impression that the charge raised in a criminal court will have anything to do with the ownership of the property. It will be for breaking and entry or criminal trespass or whatever. The issue of ownership of the house has been settled.

He will not be able to bring a charge whilst being a defendant in a proceedings for another.

He needs to be careful someone does not put him up for being sectioned.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

I have a lot of sympathy for Mr Crawford, as he had been paying a mortgage for a very long time. From memory the mortgage company did not have records when challenged and there were issues which went against Mr Crawford.

Whatever the facts are in this case, a couple have lost a home they have had for decades and i believe Mr Crawford had suffered from health issues.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

So have many others i should imagine encouraged by this nonsense. He doesn't seem so disabled that he cant do a spot of housebreaking it seems. The rest of us have to abide by the legal system why should he be treated any different.

However they are looking for volunteers I believe.

All these FOTL followers should be sectioned IF they act on silly advice like that. The people who give that advice should be prosecuted. It will soon clear up then

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Seems like an attempt to re-open a civil case, by getting arrested and coming before a jury on a criminal charge.

Easily defeated. Either

1) the CPS decide it isn't in the public interest to prosecute, and he never gets his "day in front of a jury" or

2) It goes to court,

a) as a summary only offence, and expect the Magistrates to adjudge solely on the criminal matter , or

b) as an either way or indictable, where he'll insist on a Crown Court jury trial. He'll try to raise the civil matters as background and while the judge may allow some latitude, the jury will be directed to consider the criminal matter only.

2 (i) : found guilty : no effect on his civil case

2 (ii) Found not guilty : he'll try and claim this as a success, but it still won't re-open his civil case.

As for all the "police's legal advisor will have to produce their insurances" :

Hill v Chief Constable of West Yorkshire [1988] 2 All ER 238 is likely to be an insurmountable barrier to this approach.

I think he has been poorly advised or is misdirected. I have no idea if he should have lost his home or not, but I suspect the FOTL approaches aren't helping him.

Absolutely correct bazza.

Today his local paper (the Nottingham Post) have published a 'timeline':. It is well worth reading:

http://www.nottinghampost.com/need-know-Tom-Crawford-8217-s-eviction-battle/story-29012248-detail/story.html

The Crawford family (and in particular his daughter (Amanda) are furious with the Nottingham Post and the newspapers Facebook page had the most awful comments from her last night.

All these FOTL followers should be sectioned IF they act on silly advice like that. The people who give that advice should be prosecuted. It will soon clear up then

The family home was in part lost because Tom Crawford allowed himself to be used by Mark Haining (the owner of the large Freeman on the Land website) to support his warped theories. Even with everything that has happened, Haining still cannot see that he is wrong. This is what he posted last night on the Nottingham Post's social media site:

Mark_Haining | Tuesday, March 29 2016, 5:41PM

What the story fails to mention is that you don't have to pay your mortgage. It's in Magna Carta.

The family home was in part lost because Tom Crawford allowed himself to be used by Mark Haining (the owner of the large Freeman on the Land website) to support his warped theories. Even with everything that has happened, Haining still cannot see that he is wrong. This is what he posted last night on the Nottingham Post's social media site:

Mark_Haining | Tuesday, March 29 2016, 5:41PM

What the story fails to mention is that you don't have to pay your mortgage. It's in Magna Carta.

I am VERY surprised that nobody has taken him to task yet.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

There is a stunning good website that started life in Canada a few years ago that exposes FMoTL theories. It has a UK section and on there they have provided chapter and verse on the entire Crawford scenario (as well as many others). The site is called Quatloos and is well worth a read.

A thread was started on there on Sunday about Tom's attempt to 'reclaim' his house and I notice today that it has run to six pages. The site has a copy of the Crawford judgment and also a copy of the entire transcript of the hearing together with copies of the warrants of possession.

http://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11057

Main index page (for UK stories):

http://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewforum.php?f=52&sid=4a47f9f80e593d6e07d0366021de671f

Like all the "gurus" they surround themselves with a ring of knuckle dragging yes men.

I guess it doesnt help that these advisors only say they advise, and dont give professional legal advise. If they did say the latter then theoretically you could wipe the floor with them.

I can't see the point in this spectator thread about someone who has ended up in a bad situation, being advised by people who have long held views, which are very unlikely to change.

The mortgage company have ended up with a house that would be difficult to sell or rent out. Even if it were offered at a much reduced price, who would want to buy it or live there ? Could you imagine someone living there, being faced with abuse and attempts by people to take it back. It would be a nightmare. This house is known by people in that area now, so most would not touch it.

Mr Crawford should have challenged the mortgage company at the time they changed his mortgage without him consenting to the change. Was he offered a standard mortgage with capitol repayment ? It appears he never bothered to look at mortgage options and just kept paying interest only, with no means to pay off the capitol.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

A dirty business anyway these repossessions, the local council end up with re housing at tax payers expense, so that is what the dirty monetary system is all about-greed and contempt of the ordinary person.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad: