A Good Day For The Government-As MPs break for Christmas-Ho-Ho-Ho.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3080 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Cameron's good day to bury a LOT of bad news: From lost asylum seekers, rising council tax and police cuts to the PM's dinner guests, gifts and army of spin doctors

Ministers rush out 36 statements to Parliament on last day of term

Files on spin doctors, public sector pay and PM's gifts also released

Reports published into homelessness, benefit cuts, asylum seekers

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3364581/A-good-day-government-bury-LOT-bad-news.html

Many links on the article.

Have your say,i know there are many wise ones who know about these things.

Hoping someone is going to say just another scaremongering story,no truth at all.

Just going to check some of these stories out.

Especially homelessness.What is going on.

Just read a article from America where homelessness is also increasing.

Are the tent cities about to return or perhaps back already.

500k+ homeless in US, numbers rise in New York, other big cities

https://www.rt.com/usa/322917-american-homeless-population-cities/

100,000 children face spending Christmas in temporary accommodation

More than 100,000 children in England face spending Christmas in temporary accommodation after a sharp annual rise in homelessness, official figures showed.

http://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/100000-children-face-spending-christmas-in-temporary-accommodation-11364029394678

100,000 children can you believe this in 2015.Classed as homeless.

How many adults .

Breaks down to how many families.

A disgrace.Does not matter who is in power,if you want to call it that.I would be saying the same thing.

The Benefit Cap: hurting homeless families

http://blog.shelter.org.uk/2015/10/the-benefit-cap-hurting-homeless-families/

Council tax bills to rise by up to 4% as government grant is cut

Town halls will be able to increase council tax by 4 per cent every single year.

Surely this cannot be true.People are at breaking point with their finances already.

10,000 asylum seekers have dropped off government's radar

Thousands of asylum seekers have dropped off the Government's radar, an official report has revealed.

Three in four families hit by bedroom tax cut back on food

More than three quarters of people affected by the so-called 'bedroom tax' have reduced spending on food since it was introduced, an official analysis found.

Cameron urged to scrap the power of the Lords to veto regulations following tax credits row

The House of Lords should be stripped of the power to veto new regulations and instead be restricted to calling on MPs to rethink proposals, a review commissioned by David Cameron has recommended.

£8.4million army of Conservative spin doctors paid for by YOU

The taxpayer-funded bill for government spin doctors will hit £8.4million this year.

Chancellor George Osborne alone now has 10 spads working for him in the Treasury, including a new director of communications and the aide credited with overhauling his image given a 42 per cent pay hike.

Details of the army of 96 political special advisers (spads) paid using public money was slipped out by the Cabinet Office on the day Parliament breaks for Christmas.

Now surely it is not true that George Osborne is advised on how to get his hair cut.

Reminds me of a chap i knew who was a ex footballer,no names, who moved into the rental market.

Used to work for him.Said to him one day after second hair stitching and face lifts,"why not just age gracefully."

Sooner or later age will reappear.Skin was so tight i thought it would split.

Looked ok but many thousands of pounds spent in different countries.

Said, "well owl,it is image,i must appeal to the young and always look my best."

Yes ,"but they have not seen you before,what does it matter.

You are buying and selling and renting out properties."

Just as George Osborne spouts on about politics.

Do i care if he has a Caesar hair cut or grey hair.Not for one second.

"Suited and booted you look ok".

"Just image,i must have it" he replied

Left it at that.

Have not seen him for 20 years,i wonder what he looks like now.You can only surely stretch your skin so far.

Or your ears will end up under your chin.Something like that,i feel you know what i mean.

All on the article in more detail.Enough for me i am just going to have a stiff drink.

First one this year.Whisky i feel is needed to take all this news in.

100,000 children face spending Christmas in temporary accommodation

More than 100,000 children in England face spending Christmas in temporary accommodation after a sharp annual rise in homelessness, official figures showed.

http://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/1000...11364029394678

100,000 children can you believe this in 2015.Classed as homeless.

How many adults .

Breaks down to how many families.

A disgrace. Does not matter who is in power, if you want to call it that. I would be saying the same thing.

This is absolutely disgraceful and makes me so angry. If we are so short of affordable housing or decent private / council accommodation, how on earth can we say we can offer asylum to immigrants - irrespective of the dreadful conditions they are running from - we surely must ensure those already here have a decent roof over their heads ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes, very good :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Ah yes.

David Dimbleby should have thought carefully before taking Jacob Rees Mogg on that way.

First came across him back in July 2013.

Very good speaker,quick and humorous at times.Quite a likable chap.

Although that day he made me feel like throwing my TV through the window as i disagreed with his opposition to the Bill.

I have not forgotten him to this day.

It was during the High Cost Credit Bill

He started talking about Usury and how it was in Biblical Times.

For those that would like to hear him in full flow

Interrupted at times but speaks often.

Starts at 13-26-40 or thereabout.

http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/946a2d9c-933f-420a-9ac1-cceef2ac2799?in=11%3A00%3A25

Result,i wonder why.A top filibusterer if ever there was one.

The Bill failed to complete its passage through Parliament before the end of the session. This means the Bill will make no further progress.

A quick summary of the High Cost Credit Bill.Back in 2013.

Summary of the High Cost Credit Bill 2013-14

A Bill to make provision for regulating high-cost credit arrangements and providers of such arrangements; to provide for controls on advertising, information and communications associated with such arrangements; to make measures to address the cost and affordability of such credit arrangements and their associated charges; to regulate matters concerning repayments under such arrangements; to make provision on advice and advice services in relation to debt arising from such arrangements; and for connected purposes.

Yes but you have to join them to beat them:madgrin:

(or at least have an equal footing):-D