Amazon purchase from seller

flexeh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening All,

Can i ask for your input in this. Its a minimal amount but it would help.

purchased a laptop charger for approx £7 about 3 months ago. Its started hissing at me so cant use it. I contacted Amazon who contacted the seller advising. - vid of whats happening

the seller initially said to send it back and they would refund me. I advised i would rather just have a replacement. Now the sellers responded saying that if i send it back they will send me £3 and i do not return it as ive had use of the charger for 3 months.

Surely should be covered for a year? like i said minimal amount so not too fussed if dont get it back but would be ncie to know for future. This is what was sent Red Amazon, Green Seller, Me blue

Hello,

We've been contacted by one of our mutual customers regarding an order placed with you.

Below is the information provided by the customer:

Order number: 202-4574190-2221913

Item: 19.5V for Dell Inspiron N5010 Laptop AC Charger Power Adapter + LEAD POWER CORD CABLE

Reason for contact: Damaged, Defective or Incorrect Item

Details: The item has arrived, but it starts hissing randomly and becomes dangerous, kindly replace the item. Please research the issue and contact the customer.

To respond to this customer, please reply to this e-mail or visit your seller account at the following link:

https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/gp/communication-manager/inbox.html

We hope you're able to work this out with this customer.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department

Amazon.co.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk]

Dear customer,

Thanks for your reply.

We can refund you after you return the item. Please send it back via the cheapest way of MyHermes and keep the postage within 3GBP.

Here is the return address:

Hi EpC

I don't want a refund, is it possible to have the item replaced please as I'm lost without my laptop.

Hopefully you have seen the YouTube video of what's happening.

Kind regards

Dear customer,

Thanks for your message.

As resend a new one will take several days to deliver. Also, though we have tested the item before sending out, and all the items can work well before shipping. We cannot sure each one will work excellent after the delivery, since it has some uncertain factors we cannot control.

We consider these issues for you.

So we would like to arrange a full refund after you return the original product and you can purchase it from other near sellers. Would you accept this?

Looking forward your reply.

Have a nice day.

Best regards

Hi sorry for the delay in responding.I would ideally like to have it exchanged rather than refunding. As you were very good shipping and the charger has worked really good until the fault recently.What's easier for you? I can wait till you send another that's no problem. If you can send another i can then return the broken one in the packaging of the replacement.Thanks Steve

Dear customer,

Thanks for contacting us.

As you have already used it for 3 months at such a cheap price, returning will also cost extra postage fee.

We consider these issues for you.

How about we refund you £3 without returning?

Looking forward to your reply.

Just seems a bit crappy to me.

|Are you able to accept the refund, keep hold of it, and then purchase another one from a reputable dealer/shop?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

If it is going to cost both of you £3.00 to return and replace, is it really cost effective ? I would accept the £3.00 and then go and purchase another as BB has suggested.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D