Vodafone have lost my number. Been missing for 4 days. WRT135 (Ref. 11725963)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help.

I have a business account with Vodafone and we have recently tried to move two numbers over to two different contracts that have longer expiry dates.

We were initially told this couldn't be done, so decided we would probably get the PAC codes and move the numbers to a different network. Obviously in the process of trying to get the PAC codes we got through to the retention team and they immediately said that they could transfer the contracts without a problem.

They told us that all that would happen is that the numbers would be moved to PAYG and then moved onto the new contracts.

Within minutes of this conversation, the two numbers lost signal and appeared to be disconnected. On phoning VF back we were then told it may take up to 24 hours to restore the number. 24 hours later and we were told a different story and that it would take a further 24 hours to restore the numbers. Another 24 hours passed and we have were then passed around various departments with no further progress.

Yesterday we were told everything would be back up and running within 6 hours... still nothing.

Today, at long last one of the numbers has been restored, unfortunately my number hasn't and I'm now being told it could take up to 30 DAYS to 'find' my number.

I am failing to understand how a number can be lost in the first place, let alone go missing for 30 days.

This is business and personal number (which I have had personally for over 10 years) and I am missing important calls from clients and potential customers, not to mention family and friends.

Any help would be appreciated I am not getting anywhere with call centres.

I have sent a request to the web team based on instructions in the forum.

Thanks,

Richard

Edited by pokerface12
Resolved