EU, in or out..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3111 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Stick to the subject matter and have a debate about it.

I can see this in/out referendum getting a bit nasty online and in local high streets when the camaign starts. There will be the usual idiots who use it for a British or English nationalist type rally and it might become racist. There will be people campaigning pro EU and human rights, which might be met by some of these idiots.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We can't take a word you say as gospel. You continually say your 'out of here' and within a hour your back boring us all with your biased attitude.

As for a different point of view, you Morning Star and Guardian readers can't even agree with yourselves.

I was under the impression personal attacks were contrary to forum rules??

Only to a select few is it permitted it seems with those in power to remove or redact posts not to their own persuasion.

You continue to entice myself into giving a negative retort with your continued incandescent platitudes for which i shall not lower myself to partake or comply

Right you two - I have had enough. I suspect others on the site team have as well. Grow up the pair of you. As Uncle B has said, debate the topic. If you cant do this, then BOTH of you will be given some time to cool off...

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Right you two - I have had enough. I suspect others on the site team have as well. Grow up the pair of you. As Uncle B has said, debate the topic. If you cant do this, then BOTH of you will be given some time to cool off...

I was going to suggest they got a room. All this flirting with each other !

• Haha 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

US warns on UK trade deal on Brexit.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/11962277/Major-blow-for-Brexit-campaign-as-US-rules-out-UK-only-trade-deal.html

Those that want out of the EU might be risking the UK losing trade. The EU is still an attractive market for countries around the world to trade with. The City of London financial centre may lose trade, as some of the foreign Banks who trade there might transfer elsewhere.

The yanks want an economic foothold in europe, hence TTIP

The have not got many friends with the remamining 27 member states due to the protecton the EU gives its citizens.

I am talking of food additives/ Pesticides etc that are legal in the USA, but banned in the EU for good reason

They cannot bully the EU like everyone else

The yanks want an economic foothold in europe, hence TTIP

The have not got many friends with the remamining 27 member states due to the protecton the EU gives its citizens.

I am talking of food additives/ Pesticides etc that are legal in the USA, but banned in the EU for good reason

They cannot bully the EU like everyone else

People complain about EU rules, but quite often it is done for reasons of protecting people and businesses. Some on the right don't like it, as it interferes with open markets. But as we know the US applies many rules regarding trade and we seem to manage to trade well with both continents while being part of the EU.

I would rather be part of a union of countries with over 500 million people, than just being an island nation of 65 million, with less influence in the world. If people voted out, it would be the end of the UK, as Scotland and Wales would probably vote for independence, so they could join the EU. Northern Ireland would be in a strange position, with their trade across the border with Ireland and many wanting to stay in the EU. Could cause a rise in the number wanting a united ireland ? Having said that i am not sure of the Northern Irish parties position on EU membership. Some ulster unionists have made EU sceptic speeches, but i am not sure they support Brexit.

I always thought the only reason our "special relationship" continued with the USA, was due to our membership of the EU.

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The yanks WANT a foothold?

They don't need one they already have one

Tell me, who makes the crisps that you eat, the chocolate that you probably eat, the fizzy drinks , or bottled water that you drink.

Go into any supermarket in Europe and you will recognise global brands

Those well known european companies such as Johnson and Johnson, PepsiCo, Coca cola, Gillette . We live in a global world , protectionism is gone

Citizen B , do we have a special relationship, not since Blair stopped sucking Bush's xxxx (Sorry if that sounds abrasive but I know you get my drift even if you don't agree)

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

I had noticed a cooling off since Blair and Bush left the stage, yes :)

BCOBS

Yes sorry I forgot McDonald's as well. All over Europe

But not the pink slime or the Monsanto Geneticaly modified seeds that only their own pesticides have any affect on. They are also trade marking seeds

Monsanto also developed that cancer causing defoilage "Agent Orange" used in Vietnam

All these things are banned in the EU

Interesting to hear that this stuff is only used the USA.. Not that I would eat a MacDonalds burger anyway.. but that would definitely have put me off.. shudder..

BCOBS

No not really

You only need to go direct onto Euro-lex to see what products the EU has banned and those very same products are used lawfully in the USA

Come out of the EU and that is what you will be serving your kids as Cameron is all in favour of TTIP

30 years ago we were eating meat pies with the sphincter muscle included until the outbreak of BSE

Caused by cattle being herbivores fed the remains of other cattle in the form of meat and bone meal

Still fancy a McDonalds with pink slime??

Edited by obiter dictum

I'm not sure what a lot of you read, but you are talking as though leaving the EU will mean we have no health and safety, no food standards, no human rights, in fact your intimating that we will be dropping all rules and regulations and letting it all hang out.

This is complete bunk, we have some of the strictest regulations globally covering all of our lives and living and they will all stay in existence when we are out.

Edited by Conniff
correct typo

Conniff

Less of the you lot please.

No one actually knows what will happen if we leave the EU but we know what the Tories stand for. Neo liberalism small state with less regulation. As it stands in some ways the poor have less rights than they did 400 years ago. Is that progress?

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

No one has stated food hygene or human rights will be abolished if we leave the EU, that is a totally subjective statement

What has been referenced is that Uncle Sam will do everything possible to squeeze the last cent out of joe public if TTIP is introduced.

It is a confirmed fact uncle sam has lower food hygene requirements than the EU nations.

As well as health and safety legislation enviromental laws are much lower than the EU. Look at the enviromental impact of fracking on consumers in the USA

Edited by obiter dictum

Being outside of the EU doesn't means the UK will drop it's standards or accept any lower standards than we have now just because a trading partner doesn't meet our requirements. That pink stuff is a US product and not used in the EU and won't be used in the UK when we leave.

I don't see how the US having lower standards than the UK will have any affect on us.

BCOBS

The US have standards that at least one EU country doesn't meet, ie Germany and VW who had to cheat to get their cars on sale in the US. If the emissions as discharged were on paper, the cars would have been banned from sale.

Anything that doesn't meet UK standards will likewise be banned as they are at present. We can start putting the kite mark back on product to give the population confidence instead of that meaningless 'e' mark.