Random phone call from DWP to check changes in circumstance?

bigissue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

At 11am this morning I had a phone call from someone saying they were calling from Employement and Support Allowance and that it was nothing to worry about but that they are trialling phone benefit reviews rather than sending out forms.

She then proceded to ask me questions about others living in the home, if anyone new had move in,

if I had savings of more than £5000

, if I had done any paid work or undertaken any course of study,

I said no to all which is true.

I have had no change in circumstance that I would need to tell them about.

They didn't ask any questions at all about my health which is also unchanged.

After I had answered all those questions they told me that all was fine that I wouldn't get a change of circumstance form but that any other letters or forms I got from them I should do what they say and that was that.

I don't know what to think,

I had my last ESA review in March 2013 and then seemed to be one of the lucky ones who had reassessment deferred for two years from January 2014 so I was expecting reassessment early next year.

Anyone know about this new trial of phone reviews?

Does this mean that I will get a new ESA50 now or was it just them checking that my circmstances were all as they had on file?

The mrs had the same months ago

No worries at all

Nothing resulted in it

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Agree, nothing to worry about. This is basically the Compliance department running a routine check. They don't check up on your medical situation, and it won't change when your next WCA/ESA50 is due.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

• 1 month later...
At 11am this morning I had a phone call from someone saying they were calling from Employement and Support Allowance and that it was nothing to worry about but that they are trialling phone benefit reviews rather than sending out forms.

She then proceded to ask me questions about others living in the home, if anyone new had move in,

if I had savings of more than £5000

, if I had done any paid work or undertaken any course of study,

I said no to all which is true.

I have had no change in circumstance that I would need to tell them about.

They didn't ask any questions at all about my health which is also unchanged.

After I had answered all those questions they told me that all was fine that I wouldn't get a change of circumstance form but that any other letters or forms I got from them I should do what they say and that was that.

I don't know what to think,

I had my last ESA review in March 2013 and then seemed to be one of the lucky ones who had reassessment deferred for two years from January 2014 so I was expecting reassessment early next year.

Anyone know about this new trial of phone reviews?

Does this mean that I will get a new ESA50 now or was it just them checking that my circmstances were all as they had on file?

Hi I just wondered if you had heard any word back from them as I got one of these calls today