Something i always wonder....

employee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6582 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If people are abusing their accounts in the way you describe, and I'm sure that some people do, the banks should first look to see if they have caused or at least been part of the problem, i.e. taking lots of charges.

To say you agree with charges when people are abusing their accounts, even when the banks are not at fault in anyway, is very narrow minded and in no way solves the problem. Does it not occure to the banks to take away their cheque books and cards or even close their accounts, in the long run these actions would be a help to people, it would at least stop them getting further into debt, but is that really what the banks want?

I don't think anyone would blame the banks if they took this action, but you can't say it's ok to be unlawful, because the account holder has been unlawful.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

xxdiddiexx...

i understand your points entirely....

The reason i asked the question is not aiming at anyone whos ever recieved a charge on a a/c.... i should explain my posistion more clearly

My posistion is a debt collector on current a/c's (what a joyful career :D )

And every day i see accounts where for 18 months direct debits have been bouncing, there is a large amount of charges, which have given the a/c an overdrawn balance, but no contact has ever been recieved from the customer, and that is when i wonder how people could let the matter get that far

At the end of the day, i have to do the job im paid to do, but if i could, i'd refund you all! hehe

This is probably one of the best examples of the banks greed, rather than cancelling all direct debits thus future bouncing charges will stop, the banks let them continue and for over 18 months aswell, just so one day the bank can go right you owe us £5000, pay it or we'll sue you.

I think they should have a 3 month cut off where if DD's keep getting bounced then they freeze the account and cancel all DD's to leave an account running is ridiculous and just pure greed.

Nationwide:

DPA Letter sent 10th May, Received 1st June, calculated approx £330 charges, Prelim to sent soon.

Egg

£60 Charges - Pre Letter sent 23rd May, declined refund,

Halifax

£39 Charge - Pre Letter sent 23rd May, Halifax have agreed to refund the £39

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6582 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks