UKCPS West Quay Retail Park Hull still Ticketing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2982 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You'll in all likelihood get the "10 day notice before the matter is issued into court" letter. They will have probably increased the amount owing to £125 as well with no explanation or breakdown of what this is for.

I had this letter on 29th July and I'm still waiting for my court papers. Utter shower of unwiped arses they are.

• 2 weeks later...
You'll in all likelihood get the "10 day notice before the matter is issued into court" letter. They will have probably increased the amount owing to £125 as well with no explanation or breakdown of what this is for.

I had this letter on 29th July and I'm still waiting for my court papers. Utter shower of unwiped arses they are.

Well you were absolutely right, I now have a "14 days before matter is issued to court."

I have to say I find their additional two page information sheet interesting with comments like

"if you're not happy talking to UKCPS...... the legal dept is separate to the main office

and always available to speak professionally about particular issues. ....

.. also in a position to negotiate out of court settlement figures.

Well what ever next, maybe they will be offering a professional counselling service for stress related to parking fines?.

"A refreshing change... An OP who has put some effort in and to help themselves."

Took this comment from another thread about UKCPS. So I am ashamed to ask for any more advise in fear of being named a lazy good for nothing who cant be bothered to put the effort into helping themselves.

Edited by Grumpy consumer
typo

why do you keep calling it a fine?

post 24 answers your outstanding issue.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well, I'm not sure really but stand corrected. You spend your whole life being told about parking tickets and fines so you continue to use a well worn phrase a little like, I moan at people for calling profoundly Deaf people Deaf and Dumb; I'm sorry but this is such and outdated phrase but people still insist, but maybe we just need to be educated.

So for future reference what should I be calling this, Parking ticket fraud? Fraud? Parking Con?

Oh and yes, many thanks for the reply. I will wait for my court date should it arrive.

no the point is...

it is NOT a fine or a penalty

[because] they [in terms of law] cannot use those words for a private parking levy

so neither should you as it makes it sound 'legitimate' when its not.

its a speculative invoice

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It is a charge notice or payment demand (for breach of contract) depending on what they say was agreed by the driver at the time. getting the 2 confused in their own mind kills the chances of a success at court if they dont know the difference between an unpaid invoice for a contractual charge and damages for a breach of contract.

This is why the Beavis case decision from the lower courts is confusing as it has decided that damages can beset at a punitive level and not actually be punishing the consumer.

• 4 months later...

Hello all again. It has been some time since I have heard anything from UKCPS, however, as I have read in other threads this has now gone to the Solicitors letter stage. A request for the £100 from UKCPS and now their fees of £60. Also if they proceed to to issue legal papers it will add a further £25. A grand total so far of £185. Still have not got my day in court yet!!!! Shall I write which is my inclination or ignore?

they can add any amount they wish. If the matter goes to court a judge will just tell them they have no right to and they will look stupid.

It is all just a scare tactic, they think you are too dumb or frightened to know any better and hope that this will make you cough up and get a bonus as well.

The solicitors are acting as a debt collector unless the letter says letter before claim or letter before action under the Civil Procedures regs and I bet it doesnt. So, another bit of bog paper.

Ignore anything that is not a lba and if you get one og those come back and we will suggest a suitable response. One of those suggestions is to invite them to use Ombudsman services as an ADR. That will shut them up as they dont earn any money and cant do court if they dont agree but we are saving that until they get nasty.

The solicitors are acting as a debt collector unless the letter says letter before claim or letter before action under the Civil Procedures regs and I bet it doesnt. So, another bit of bog paper.

Many thanks for the response. Well it does say: "This letter before action is being sent to you in accordance with the Practice Direction on Pre-Action Conduct contained in the Civil.......... we refer to Paragraph 4........

And if thet don't receive payment they're going to instructions from the client on how they wish to proceed, which may include issuing legal proceedings.

Guess this means they are testing the water??????

Tell us who the solicitors are, probably Miah, Gladstones or Wright Hassal.

I would tend to respond so it is clear that it is not inertia that has led you to ignore their previous taradiddles.

A simple response is that it has been decided in Ibbotson v VCS that there is no such obligation as to remain on site at all times so no breach of contract can occur. Therefore I look forward to you informing your client to cease harassing me as there is no debt and they are well aware of this.

OK. Done that will let you know how I get on.

Cheers.

Have I missed something? This was regarding your appeal, so did you not get a response? How did you appeal?

You would not have got a POPLA code as UKCPS were and are members of the IPC.

UKCPS Ltd 18/11/2014

http://www.ukcps.net

http://www.theipc.info/aos-members/u

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all again. Have just arrived back after annual holiday to these pesky "the miah solicitors" letter. Don't really feel it amonts to much, other than another frighten. Whilst I still wait for my day in court maybe its getting closer????

This one is now a Sum due of £160.

We refer to the above matter and your previous correspondence.

We have discussed this case at length with our client.

Our Client not having received payment............ no choice other than to issue the matter before the court and allow a judge to reach a decision upon the outcome of this case where you will be given the opportunity to make a defence.

Please note we have been instructed to issue legal proceedings to recover the sum due to our client.

And as a parting shot they add in bold type: we will notenter into any further correspondence regarding any appeal of fact or circumstance.

Guess they are fed up of waiting....

Cor, this means that Miah's have spent the money they were given to send out letters and now are hoping they will get some more by being really scary.

Still no explanation of how they arrived at £160 though, perhaps that will all come out in court as well. Obviously this will be the undoing of the claim, even if there was a cause of action.

it is all about percentages, if under 50% pay up then they need to use the threatogram writers to scare the waverers into paying. Some people will never pay and of those who ignore the letters a certain number will ingore a couty clim as well so they win by default.

The ones that do the most damage are those who leave it to the last knockings to deny a debt and why