style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

My leasehold property is on the market via an estate agent for 9 weeks now. I've had one offer from a cash buyer and I have been approached by someone privately who have asked me to sell the property to them without using an estate agent. Is this a good thing? I will save myself around £4k, but is it a risky business?

I don't know the first thing about this other than I will need a solicitor however, should I be suspicious? If I go ahead privately, and I enlist a solicitor will then do all the necessary checks to ensure that I'm not being shafted?

Please let me know asap!

a very very unsure Ladylovessalsa!

Hello there.

I can see why you have reservations. I don't particularly rate estate agents myself, but a good one should vet buyers and suss out whether they can get hold of the money to complete the purchase from you. On your own, it's less easy to know if someone is serious. A friend of ours was offered a private sale, waited all summer for these people and then they backed out.

I would check you agreement with the agents to see if there are any restrictions on selling the property yourself.

Do you have a conveyancing lawyer already? It might be worth a brief chat.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

By Jove! the notification worked...! thank you for that!

All of a sudden there seems to be a surge of people that want to buy it now. I've just had another offer this morning. I think the current arrangement expired after 8 weeks, I did email them but I've had no response to it, they have just carried on viewing the property and I have just let them.

Hmm! I don't think that I am comfortable with the uncertainty that a private sale brings about... Will find out what a conveyancing lawyer thinks..

Thank you HB