Erudio unfair arrears preventing student loan closure

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning CAG members 🤩,

I am looking for a bit of advice and effective signposting with my Erudio student loan issue.

I had 3 loans taken out from 1996 for 3 years of consecutive study.

I successfully deferred every year due to never earning over the threshold with SLC but then Erudio took over and it all changed.

I did not fully understand what was happening at the time and i received a large amount of paperwork to sign.

I do not remember exactly what they sent or what i signed back then for Erudio (but I had recently had a baby and was at that time claiming Income support).

After an issue with the IS, where I was in dispute with them over their appalling mathematics - which I won, so effectively was living off my savings (only £2000) for a short time. That same year I registered as self employed and began picking up work, still earning well under the repayment threshold. I have been SE ever since. It was during this year that the issue with Erudio began.

I deferred with them within the appropriate timescale. They told me to submit my SE tax returns, but i hadnt been trading long enough for this. I spoke with them at length on the phone (I now know this is a rookie mistake). I was told that i could submit my bank statements as evidence of income and earnings in lieu of SE returns form. I did this. I also redacted some of the information because they didnt need to know everything i spent my money on (tesco shop, etc, boring and irrelevant spend stuff) as i felt they were already far too nosey on their forms.

I heard nothing back after this and I also removed my landline number from their system (in order to force them to use paperwork instead of undocumentable phone calls). 

The next years deferment time they inform me that i was in arrears as i had not paid my loan for that year. No explanation, nothing. i continue to defer whilst putting in a complaint about it. I heard nothing back. Then i deferred again the next year and complained that my complaint had been ignored. They responded stating that they had investigated the issue and there is no complaint to uphold, brushing me off and stating that the arrears stand.

I pass the age of 50 (and 25 years since my loan began) but Im told i cannot have it wiped off because i am in arrears. I then send an SAR to them to get the information i need to fight this further. This is responded to by asking me to confirm the details of my original loan. I cannot do this because its over 25 years ago.

I contact SLC and asked them but they cannot give me this information either because its now with Erudio. I cannot get a straight answer from anyone. My SAR has not been honoured (this is over a year ago itself).

I KNOW I sent all the required paperwork at the time for the deferment. I suspect they have mismanaged this, but without the paperwork or SAR information I am stuck still deferring this loan and having unjustified arrears continually thrust upon me.

I cannot afford legal assistance on this, so what are my options please?

(and thank you so very much for providing this forum which i can access  in the first place).

Quite usual for these fleecers. They will pull any stunt to counter them not getting money 

When did you send the SAR and what year did your deferral fail in causing this 

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So, since my posting this the SAR info has requested my phone number (which i removed from their site in order to not be contacted that way again) and other details I can probably provide (but not all).
The alleged default pertains to 2013-2014 I think. It might be the year later.
I need the SAR to get a fix on the exact dates.

nope dont tell them.

none of their business

just want to scam you 

they'll say anything on the phone that they'll never put it writing as they know they are LYING!!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes. I agree.
At the time I spoke on the phone when they stated that, in Lieu of available tax returns, I could provide my bank statements for the last 3 months. I have no evidence of these conversations. Hence the removal of my phone number.
Im still unsure how to get the darn thing ended though.
My student debt is over 25 years old and im over 50, yet Im deferring forever..

Edited by mishka muerte
mis-spelling

lets get all the info we need

then we will resolve the issue.

you found the SLC forum to start your topic

go back there

read a good few threads here

you'll see that the fleecers have been told numerous times by the FOC and the FCA they simply cant pull these stunts because of one late/missed/bad deferment.

by the way.

have you confessed to them you DID miss one?

or you did always send forms but they ignored them?

dx

and they

I always sent the forms. On time, every time. I had no problems with the SLC.

They (Erudio) must have acknowledged receiving my deferment claim at the time because they called to ask to send more details - those bank statements.

The same ones they then ignored and did not accept as evidence of earnings (without informing me), hence the years worth of 'arrears' that accrued.

In my previous complaint I accused them of deliberately putting me in arrears in order to claw some money from my sold loan.

They completely refuted my claim and closed my complaint down.

I have been informed by them that because i have alleged 'arrears' on my loan account I cannot close it down by means of the longevity clause (mine being 25 years after or when i turned 50).

Its not a large amount of money to some people, but to me it is huge.

You sound just like all the others here.

In the same as, you have 'fake' arrears that they are using to stop your natural write off right.

You don't owe a penny, your loans are now wiped.

Several threads here the same go find them and read 

Dx

and they

• 8 months later...

and?

dx

and they

• 2 months later...

Hi.
Thanks for checking in with me.
A lot of life (and death) has got in the way of my communication recently, so apologies for the tardy response.
Im also ND, so these things can get tricky.

I still havent received my SAR. Im still in 'arrears' according to them and my loan should have been scrapped 3 years ago now but still hasnt.
Im still self employed and still earning well below the threshold.
I have read a lot of the other forum posts and it confuses me quite a bit (if im being honest).
I guess i will be deferring again next month.
I wish i had studied law..

laws got not alot to do with it. 

stupid erudio make uo their own.

i would worry too much about your situation really 

let it run.

yes send the deferment, why not use the old SLC forms to wind them up?

dx

and they