Complicated LLoyds bank debt - now issued repo proceedings on last asset

hesanmp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1757 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ah brigadier (nice tash).....:wink:

i will seek advice, but of course that is costly. will it harm any potential claim/action i have against lloyds if i write to them initially asking questions, maybe on a WP basis?

I do think you need to be very carefull not to highlight to much detail on a public forum where there is it would seem there are grounds to allege fruad by any party,individual or corporate.

Subject Access Request may provide an insight along side questioning as you suggest.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I agree that if Lloyds are not chasing the shortfall, that you should dig away, by asking for information.

Once you are in a position to write to Lloyds Head Office, then I would suggest that you write to them making a complaint (not allegations) and ask them to investigate. Make them aware that you think there are issues that the FOS and FSA might wish to review about the way matters were handled.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

... just for information purposes the property was originally valued in 2004 (full physical inspection), two further drive by valuations were also carried out for example in 2007 which cost me £411.25. in the 2007 valuation checklist the lloyds manager for the 1st time wrote 'valuation includes paddock which is not charged to ourselves and as such covering letter attached from valuer reducing the value by £10k. this was a small paddock not attached to the house which had been included in the 2004 valuation. in his comments there is no mention of the further 2 acres attached to the house's garden!!

from this, doesn't seem like fraud, rather a poss 'mistake'?, if anything?

Edited by Ford

IMO

:-):rant:

ford

how can it be a possible mistake when i offer security which includes my house and garden. the title plan from the registry which is the same plan that is used by lloyds security centre for registering their charge. however in the mean time the valuer is instructed to include land outside the title plan. when the charge is registered the land registry plan shows the house and garden only?

...valuation includes paddock which is not charged to ourselves and as such covering letter attached from valuer reducing the value by £10k....

don't confuse my use of 'mistake' as mentioned before. this could, depending on the circumstances, be beneficial

also, what has your solicitor been up to? and, when did you have knowledge of any incorrect valuation?

Edited by Ford

IMO

ford, sorry i didn't answer your last bit of your reply. property was repossessed in 2011. i first became aware of the incorrect valuation when the house was marketed and i subsequently instructed an independent valuer to value the property as of 2011 and 2004...

• 6 months later...

hi everyone

owed lloyds about 50k back in 2006.

30k liability for ltd company that went into voluntary liquidation and 20k on the personal side.

all accounts went to recoveries.

i had given a personal guarantee for the ltd company.

the company had substantial assets and the bank initially made a claim against the company,

they then withdrew it so they didn't get a dividend.

the bank secured their borrowings against my property which i agreed to

but it seems that the bank were over generous with the instructions they gave to their valuer,

it seems they included all of the land that surrounded the property which was not on the property title.

it also seems like the solicitor at the time working for the bank also confirmed the land ownership in their report on title.

in 2007 the bank for some reason removed their charge in error.

i was then threatened with bankruptcy if i didn't sign a new charge.

they then offered me a further £15k if i signed their mortgage forms.

i attended a branch where i knew nobody and signed blank mortgage forms.

at the same time the bank consolidated my overdrafts and by now with their extortionate interest rates, charges and fees i was now owing £90k.

i then found out that the bank would only agree to this increase

i.e. buying back their security if the house reached a certain value.

again the instructions given by my bank manager included land that was not even owned by me.

i have recently received my file following a sar request to try and get to the bottom of this

and it seems like the instructions given by the bank to the valuer on 2 occasions have been removed from the file.

also all of the correspondence between them and their solicitor has also been removed.

in conclusion my debt is now over £170k and they have security on another property which has some equity.

i have made them well aware that i will be defending any claim they bring against me.

they have also admitted in their file that any recovery for them would be a difficult one due to their actions

especially the way they recovered their security and lending against property that in reality had no equity whatsoever.

they have just written to me with their annual letter detailing the debt as part of their code.

they have asked for an income and expenditure form to fill in but the reality is i am on tax credits and have no disposable income.

does anybody have any suggestions for the way forward?

I think you might find a wider audience in the legal issues forums - I will move your thread there - it is purely administrative and you need do nothing :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

How do you know that all of this information has been removed from the file?

ah bf

i have a copy of the valuation and it says for example following your instructions from lloyds, on such a date, there is no valuation letter attached to the valuation yet the report specifically refers to it. the valuer also comments on extra areas of land which were not in my ownership yet he is sent a plan marked for example a & b & c. they are then referred to in his valuation. there is even a reference to the instruction on the banks valuation check list yet no-one can find a copy of the valuation whether at branch level or within their files!!! i hope that makes sense?

You can send a follow up and advise the Data controller that it would appear data is missing. If you have some idea of what is missing you could list those items. Then add that in view of this missing data, they should make a further search to ensure that you have received everything you are entitled to.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

hi i did that and they checked their files and could not locate the instruction.... i have been sent copies of the valuations etc and they all refer to the additional land etc, someone must have given the instructions to the valuer!!! as i detailed before this occurred on 2 occasions, both times including the land. as a result the valuation given was well outside its true value.

• 3 weeks later...

hi everyone

what are the rules surrounding overdrafts and original paperwork, in other words if i am served with a stat demand from lloyds is there original peperwork i can request etc etc?

cheers

• 5 months later...

i don't think there is on cag.

check out the ICO website re dsar's and what sort of things are regarded as data.

ensure though any request is for ALL data held. and if you list any eg's for reference, ensure that you state that your request is not limited just to those eg's listed. if that makes sense :)

Edited by Ford

IMO

Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

The one you are in now...debt sub forums ...mortgage and secured loans.

Regards'

Andy

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 weeks later...

hi everyone an update on the sar request to the valuer

i received a rather small package following my sar request. it seems to be very selective and the documents i was waiting to see are not amongst the papers!! i know for a fact that important docs are missing because i have certain documents in my possession which were supplied to me within the banks sar request, these were certain instructions etc between the valuer and the bank.

what should i do?