Carcraft - Vehicle faults, 7Mnths - Want to return

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

We recently bought a vehicle from Carcraft. We had the usual Mis-haps with being called back to sign paperwork they'd forgotten etc - but that's not the issue.

We recently had the car MOT'd at their Radcliffe branch, and there were a few advisories.

Some of those indicated rust, and also a leak (I think transmission fluid?)

The car has been used for a month since this, and then - yep - you guessed it, engine management light came on.

I pulled over immediately, and contacted them. They wanted me to take it to Radcliffe - which is a fair drive - and I wasn't prepared to do this given the dashboard was screaming at me to check the engine. They reluctantly agreed for me to take it to a Halfords - which was mercifully less than 1 mile away.

I made it clear that I wasn't going to be able to pay - however when I got there it was £49.99 for the diagnostics test.

Later that day we picked the car up - the work hadn't been completed as Halfords weren't sure if the repair that was needed was included in the warranty.

After a few phone calls they agreed to pay for the work as a 'goodwill' gesture.

The whole experience from start to finish has been dreadful. I'm not sure what a 120 point inspection is, but I was assured that the vehicle I'd been sold was roadworthy and reliable.

The car is 2010 - and I'll be paying for it for the next 3 and a half years.

Given the difficulty in getting a simple warranty repair done, and the number of faults that seem to be creeping up with this car - I'd rather like Carcraft to have it back.

It's done less than 4k miles since we bought it. I doubt the previous owner/victim of this car had the greatest of driving credentials - as we found Cannabis in the doorwell.

Bottom line, the outstanding on the car is: £5,500

I've spoken to the finance company - if they take it back we'll still owe £3,000

So sounds to me like I've been well and truly shafted.

The total I'd pay if I keep the car is in excess of £10k - for a car that seems to now be valued at £2k.

Carcraft won't budge on this matter - is there anyway I can force their hand?

after 7 months I don't think you've got any hope at all tbqh.

They were only advisories on the MOT and NOT fails... things which, in the testers opinion may need attention soon.

As for the EML, it happens, probably just a fault code that needs clearing, could be anything.

But I would persist in getting the EML done under warranty if you can, sadly MOT advisories wont be covered.

you 'could' VT the car.

that will mean, as long as 'you've' not bashed it around

all you would have to pay would be upto the 50% mark of the finance.

see the back of the agreement.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

We recently bought a vehicle from Carcraft. We had the usual Mis-haps with being called back to sign paperwork they'd forgotten etc - but that's not the issue.

We recently had the car MOT'd at their Radcliffe branch, and there were a few advisories.

Some of those indicated rust, and also a leak (I think transmission fluid?)

The car has been used for a month since this, and then - yep - you guessed it, engine management light came on.

I pulled over immediately, and contacted them. They wanted me to take it to Radcliffe - which is a fair drive - and I wasn't prepared to do this given the dashboard was screaming at me to check the engine. They reluctantly agreed for me to take it to a Halfords - which was mercifully less than 1 mile away.

I made it clear that I wasn't going to be able to pay - however when I got there it was £49.99 for the diagnostics test.

Later that day we picked the car up - the work hadn't been completed as Halfords weren't sure if the repair that was needed was included in the warranty.

After a few phone calls they agreed to pay for the work as a 'goodwill' gesture.

The whole experience from start to finish has been dreadful. I'm not sure what a 120 point inspection is, but I was assured that the vehicle I'd been sold was roadworthy and reliable.

The car is 2010 - and I'll be paying for it for the next 3 and a half years.

Given the difficulty in getting a simple warranty repair done, and the number of faults that seem to be creeping up with this car - I'd rather like Carcraft to have it back.

It's done less than 4k miles since we bought it. I doubt the previous owner/victim of this car had the greatest of driving credentials - as we found Cannabis in the doorwell.

Bottom line, the outstanding on the car is: £5,500

I've spoken to the finance company - if they take it back we'll still owe £3,000

So sounds to me like I've been well and truly shafted.

The total I'd pay if I keep the car is in excess of £10k - for a car that seems to now be valued at £2k.

Carcraft won't budge on this matter - is there anyway I can force their hand?

after 7 months I don't think you've got any hope at all tbqh.

They were only advisories on the MOT and NOT fails... things which, in the testers opinion may need attention soon.

As for the EML, it happens, probably just a fault code that needs clearing, could be anything.

But I would persist in getting the EML done under warranty if you can, sadly MOT advisories wont be covered.

I can't see where it says 7 months OJB, recently sounds a lot less than 7 months ?

If that time is correct, as said above, you chances of a refund are nil.

If the finance is HP, then any problems should be brought up with the finance company, they are the owners of the car.