Flashed going though amber light. Have dashcam proof.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2782 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

With respect to approaching a green light you would be expected to ease off the gas. I was a grade 6/6 driving instructor for 18 years until retirement due to injury.

Common sense prevails really, if the signals have been observed to be green for a long period of time then you should be prepared to stop, lifting off the gas and allowing the engine to slow the vehicle is the gold standard of driving as it frees the foot to depress the brake if required.

To be honest I wouldn't be at all comfortable driving across a junction at 50mph, who is to say there isn't an emergency vehicle coming across the junction, could you really stop at 48mph if a fire engine appeared infront of you?

The 50mph speed limit isn't a target to reach, it's the maximum permissible speed and should not be exceeded, but you should only drive at the speed you know to be safe and can see far enough ahead to be safe depending on road conditions. Just because it says 50mph doesn't mean you have to drive at 50mph.

Just offering my opinion as a very experienced instructor, if any pupil of mine had shot across a signalled junction at 48mph making no effort to slow the vehicle I would have pulled them over at the next convenient place.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did ease off the gas, I always do this instinctively. My engine just doesn't slow down like you would expect. If an emergency vehicle appeared infront of me suddenly, it would beg the question why they didn't safely cross the junction themselves.

Nothing came through the post. Looks like the camera is faulty.

What happens if a cyclist jumped the lights and you collided with them?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

It does seem the camera was faulty as you would have heard something by now, unless the vehicle you were driving was a company vehicle or a hired vehicle.

With relation to crossing the junction at speed it's not my position to pass judgement on, I can only offer my advice and opinion as a grade 6/6 instructor.

What happens if a cyclist jumped the lights and you collided with them?

What happens if a cow, that had been abducted by aliens, was transported back and landed in the middle of the junction. biggrin.png

You could say "What if" anything you like, but that wouldn't change the fact that it didn't happen.

And as for the cyclist or blue light driver, the cyclist shouldn't be jumping red lights at all, and the blues driver should treat it as a give way, so both would've been in the wrong.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

However the driver that went through the junction would still be prosecuted

Emergency driver would be different however as they have different rules that means they have more of a liability if they are involved in a collision whilst on blues.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

With relation to crossing the junction at speed it's not my position to pass judgement on, I can only offer my advice and opinion as a grade 6/6 instructor.

Never heard of a Grade 6/6 before.

• 1 month later...

My first driving instructor claimed to be a grade 6 too. He was terrible. Used to randomly hit the brake, not touch it, used to slam it on if a car approached a side road and stopped. He would slam on the brakes for pedestrian crossings even though no one was there to cross. Promptly moved to another company.

Back to the original point, Still heard nothing, I see the cameras flash all of the time on anything. I guess they need to be looked at.

The grade is assessed based on your ADI Part 3 test, it's based on core competencies and instruction ability. You have to be graded in two parts, scoring at least a grade 4. So for example if you were graded 4/6 you are still graded as a grade 4. Your grade is based on your lowest grade. I was graded as 6/6 so technically I'm a grade 6.

NO. Your grading is not based upon the results if your Part 3 exam. Your grading is based upon your (regular ) Check Test result which is a test of your continued ability to provide Driving Instruction. Your grading is shown on form: ADI26/CT

http://http://www.activedrivingsolutions.com/images/ged_check_test_lg.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hello Joey

wanted to check with you if you ever got any ticket for this?

I got flashed this morning at the same area (i.e. moby dick pub intersection) but wasn't sure if there will be a ticket.

It flashed however I had stopped and didn't run past the red light. The only issue was my car was a third over the white line.

Thank you in advance if you could let me know if you got a ticket / points or fine?

Regards

Edited by amaarb

It flashed however I had stopped and didn't run past the red light. The only issue was my car was a third over the white line.

It doesn't matter if you "only stopped" rather than went across the whole junction, if you crossed the white line when the light was red.

What colour was the light when your car went past the white line?.

It doesn't matter if you "only stopped" rather than went across the whole junction, if you crossed the white line when the light was red.

What colour was the light when your car went past the white line?.

The light was Amber when I stopped

It must hAve just turned red after I'd stopped and obviously I was ahead of the white line 😐

What does mean ?

Yes

But the issue is I stayed just over the white line when it turned red hence why the flash ! Is that bad news ?

Not if you had passed the white line BEFORE it went red, and had stopped already when it had turned red, but it wouldnt normally take a photo then (unless the trigger to taking a photo was someone else crossing the white line!)

Ideally their photo will show the state of the light as you crossed the line, but if someone else caused the photo to be taken, focus on that you were already past the line when the photo was taken.