Fare evading - provisionally authorized for prosecution

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Look at the costs application that they have said they will make if successful with prosecution, that plus the fares plus something to compensate South Eastern will give you a basis for starting point

Send the letter by signed for post and check the delivery tracker the following day before ringing

Thank you for that OC , can I make offer of the amount in this letter? Something along the line of. "I am offering to pay the contribution toward the administrative cost of £125 as stated in your letter plus the £56:40 evaded fare and a penalty fine of £400, I hope my offer would be favorably considered to recompense for my action."

I am eternally grateful for all your help and I hope to repay you back in one way or another (Caggers)

Yes, but do not word it as a Penalty Fine.

Word it as:

"As compensation for my actions I would like to offer £500 (etc) which I hope would cover your administration costs and the fare avoided."

Hi All,

Thank you first class for the correction, it was amended as suggested before I sent the letter off.

My tracking information is still showing as in the Royalmail network, It should have arrived by Monday. This is worrying me and I have tried to ring the number on the notice and it just keeps ringing without the line being disconnected nor going to voice message.

I am thinking of sending another letter tomorrow if anyone feel it is worth trying and would like to seek advise on how best to go about this while covering every bases.

Thank you in advance.

Hi All,

I called the Prosecution office again this morning after 9 and the call was answered, the prosecuting officer is not available but asked what my call was about, I explained the reason for my call and the lady took the reference number and confirmed she was given the cheque for £600 I sent by the prosecuting officer and that they sent a receipt out yesterday, I asked what that means and she said the case is being dismissed. This would be the best £600 I have spent in my entire life!

So once I get the receipt hopefully today I will update this thread.

Thanks in advance to everyone who advised on this thread, I am forever grateful and will be making a donation to the site and also buy you guys some drinks.

Thanks in advance.

hey great result

well done

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...