Worst complaint response ever?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3354 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Indeed, a dreadfully drafted letter.

Where are you sending your letters? Use their Head/Registered office and reference your letter, "formal complaint"

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

THE COMPANY SECRETARY

VODAPHONE LIMITED

VODAFONE HOUSE

THE CONNECTION

NEWBURY

BERKSHIRE

RG14 2FN

The address that elicited the posted response, One more stamp then LBA I think.

Hardly my problem if they choose to outsource their mail to a primary school on the other side of the planet

Ooer......... google translate perhaps :!:

Or perhaps..........

Dear whinger

Please stop bothering us with your petty complaints we really couldn't give 2 s**** as there are plenty more fish in the sea.

As a showing of our disdain we decided to punt this one off half way round the world to Gujarat. May I say

our disgusting behaviour knows no bounds and just to be utterly sure we didn't miss the target and splash on the rim of your bowl when peeing in your porridge we thought we'd be as obstructive as possible and counter your complaint with a rather more desirable and profit inducing response.

You'll never get a gig with Vodaphone using words that length!

It almost made me pee in my own porridge, I'm sure the sheriff will be equally amused.

Begs the question.....what do they send to represent them

That Vodafone allow someone to write a letter of that standard to you is unforgivable , however I think anyone needs to be very careful about blaming the person who wrote it. As is fairly obvious English is not their first language so maybe they did the best they could, that would not be their fault.

You do not really say what your complaint is about other than some record on your credit file, as suggested the data controller at H.O. will be your best bet , or why didn't you come here and get hold of Lee?

The worst complaint response I ever had was when the operator hung up on me AND did not record my call at all.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

The original complaint was addressed to the data controller, completely ignored, the second complaint was addressed to the company secretary, resulting in the letter posted.

I have considerable experience in complaint handling and consumer law gained from 30 plus years in retail management so with all due respect I'm not yet at the point where I feel I need to seek advice on what is essentially a simple DPA issue.

Vodaphone appear to have something of a reputation for disregarding the laws of the UK. I was quite astonished by the ineptitude of this response, as a fairly long time CAG member I thought it was worth sharing with others, it may even brighten the day of some less fortunate than myself

The original complaint was addressed to the data controller, completely ignored, the second complaint was addressed to the company secretary, resulting in the letter posted.

I have considerable experience in complaint handling and consumer law gained from 30 plus years in retail management so with all due respect I'm not yet at the point where I feel I need to seek advice on what is essentially a simple DPA issue.

Vodaphone appear to have something of a reputation for disregarding the laws of the UK. I was quite astonished by the ineptitude of this response, as a fairly long time CAG member I thought it was worth sharing with others, it may even brighten the day of some less fortunate than myself

With respect, I do not think it necessary to admonish the people offering advice for not knowing your experience.

There is after all an international shortage of trained telepaths and crystal balls.

Also bear in mind that the context of your complaint would also be of benefit to the others you wish to share your experience with.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Sorry, I was admonishing no-one I'm sorry you feel that way.

My intent was merely to illustrate my reasoning behind my posting, and does not actually comprise my entire cv which is irrelevant to the matter at hand.

Should a coherent response actually appear from vodaphone and I feel the matter may be of some help to others, at that point I will be more than happy to post chapter and verse, complete with the relevant legal authorities.

In the meantime, we have precisely one response from the organisation that apparently assumes I am an idiot, I have posted this primarily to amuse our more seasoned campaigners and hopefully to illustrate to our lesser experienced readers that these big bad corporations are to be stood up to and not feared.

Again I apologise for causing you any offence

:) I think Vodaphone assumes everyone is an idiot :D

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Wow .... Just Wow....

Why could they not draft a response to your complaint in writing instead of sending that half arsed letter which still got delivered to you anyway?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

:jaw: I think Lees response would be great to this... Mind you i suppose it will fall under the corporate mantra...

I think deep down though he will facepalm when he reads it...

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I've read many of Lee's posts, he's far too literate to begin to approach this level of unprofessionalism.

The more mischievous side of my nature hopes Vodaphone continue in this vein, the consequences should be hilarious. my more sensible head merely wants the matter concluded professionally

I've read many of Lee's posts, he's far too literate to begin to approach this level of unprofessionalism.

The more mischievous side of my nature hopes Vodaphone continue in this vein, the consequences should be hilarious. my more sensible head merely wants the matter concluded professionally

I know ... ~Lee is great, what i meant is the general corporate mentality...

"Sorry this shouldnt have been sent" and "We'll aim to sort this out"

I agree haha... Just a quick and easy sort out :)

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

So how did you get that letter if they don't know where to contact you ?

Good question!

one of several questions I have asked in my third letter.

The question was addressed to you, how did you get the letter, did it come in the post ?