Vanquis card approved and then further questions?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am new to posting but not new to the site. I cam on really for a little bit of advice.

I am trying to improve my credit rating. A few years ago it was terrible so I've been paying things off and not applied for anything other than this card.

I was declined....however, I then received a form through the post to fill in, one of their "invitations" so I filled it in and a week later I got a call asking for my bank details as part of verification.

I then got another call saying that they have trouble verifying people who use my bank and so asked for my driving licence number. I gave this and was then asked to set up a direct debit.

After setting that up, I was told I was approved and offered £100 cash advance. I said yes ok I will have that and it was due to go into my account by tomorrow.

However, I got a text today saying the £100 has been cancelled and to call them!

I called and the lady said they need to see proof of my bank details and that nothing will be sent out to me until they can verify these. They need to see my name, address, account number and sort code.

So I have just got the front page of my bank statement showing all of this information and put it into an envelope to send off. Is this usual practice as it seems very strange to me?

Will this one piece of paper be enough? They said they only want to verify the details so that surely is plenty. Or is this just messing me around and then I will get declined?

I've not heard anyone else say that this has happened to them before. Please respond if you can thanks.

hi, have you seen how high the APR/interest is on these cards? tbh they could land you in more debt, I am sure someone will be along to help and guide you as I am not in a position to do so. Good luck

Sandy

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

IMO I would leave these vultures well alone, they only prey on victims who can't get credit,

they will do nothing to help you rebuild your 'credit rating', now you'll be on a huge phishing list

of other parasitic companies looking to exploit you, wait for the deluge of deforestation to hit your

doormat from the likes of Provi etc wanting to 'help' you rebuild your credit.

Not with a barge pole springs to mind.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!