Informing DWP of changes - when?

Nystagmite
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It turns out someone has reported me for fraud. Apparently, I'm not as disabled as I claim to be. (you can't see the issues I have. Although, the dark glasses might be a give away) And there was something about how I supposedly don't live where I claim to live. With the exception of a few things, (the joys of a non-working intercom for some months) all my mail comes to mine. I was then asked about the other people who live at the same address as I do, due to claiming SDP. (I live in a 3 floor flat)

I was told the allegation was made in April. Because they didn't see it as anythng overly serious, (ie, they didn't believe I was actually doing anything wrong) it was compliance.

How horrible, and not knowing who reported you, it would drive me nuts. Do a lot of people know you claim benefits?

We've made a point of telling no one we claim benefits - only in laws know, and certainly no one around where we live.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You would not be surprised by how nasty and nosey people are. If you work in Insurance, you will come across people reporting fraud on a regular basis. Sometimes it is a neighbour or partner who has seen letters in the post or a friend they have fallen out with. They then report to Insurers that they believe the claim is being exaggerated or the event did not happen. Or it can sometimes be that the person has not declared some information.

You then have to decide whether to take it seriously or not. Asking for a full name, date of birth and address, advising their indentity may be revealed if sanctioned by a Judge in any court case and they may be called to give evidence in court, often leads to the allegation being withdrawn. If they are happy to provide their information on this basis, you have to them seriously.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Pretty much, yes. I've just got to drop off my bank statements to the job centre and that should be it.

A lot of people don't know my situation. Well, they know I'm disabled, but whether I work or claim benefits, they won't know.

• 4 weeks later...

The only logical way I can see the answer being is

Period the money arrives is the period it is classed as income

Following period, any money not spent from the previous period becomes savings.

But as to how they officially recognize it, Not a clue, Watching with interest.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Anything that you have not spent before the next cheque (or BACS payment) hits your account would be savings.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

generally benefit income is paid in respect of a period

for the period it is paid in respect of it is income, after that period it becomes capital

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

The only logical way I can see the answer being is

Period the money arrives is the period it is classed as income

Following period, any money not spent from the previous period becomes savings.

But as to how they officially recognize it, Not a clue, Watching with interest.

Exactly right & v well explained x

Please do not ask me for advice via PM as I will not reply.