Millennium Parking Services in Swansea - got a charge notice! help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2672 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I received Parking Notice from Millennium Parking Services in Swansea On 17/01/14.

I was parked outside derelict Pilkington Glass factory (private land).

There are signs displayed on the wall but friend I was with said it was ok to park there at night, clearly not so.

I was going to ignore the notice but seems that is no longer the correct way to go

. Advice please?

Hi and welcome to CAG

Firstly, was this a windscreen ticket or a letter in the post?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Do nothing for now. wait for the Notice to Keeper to arrive when you can then appeal to them and when they reject you (as they surely will) they must then give you a POPLA code to take it further. A bit of a faff but it is worth it.

In the meantime, were there other buildings on the site that were not derelict? Try and find out who is the landowner (if possible) Take photos of the signs (again, if possible)

If there were no other businesses using the site what authority do the PPC have in issuing tickets.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

this wil be a fairly easy one to defeat at POPLA but you have to go through a few hoops first. The notice to keeper MUST arrive between 29 and 56 days after the date of the event and that letter must contain some basic information such as the the place and time of the event, the cause of teh breach and indentify who the contractwas made with, ie the parking company and include an address for that entity, not just a PO box number or email address etc. So, sit tight and wait for theta letter, this wastes a few quid for the parking co and some of them dont even bother sending out NTK's as they assume that people will ignore them so no revenue stream.

Hi

Thanks for your replies. Will wait for Notice to Keeper as advised. Friend who told me it was ok to park in this derelict building says sometimes there is a man there who charges £2 for parking during the day. My notice was issued at 8.30pm. Sounds fishy.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Dazzle, that letter is not PoFA compliant so no keeper liability. They say they have accessed the DVLA database on behlaf of the creditor. Complain to the DVLA that these bandits are accesing your data and have no reason to do so as they freely admit they are not the creditor. I think they are doing it because the other bandits cant so with a bit ofluck they will be barred from using the KADOE system as well. It will taek more than 1 complaint but 1 is a start.

Dazzle74

I have just unapproved the letter as (on the right of the page) you have left lots of identifying data there.

Their reference number

Parking Charge notice number.

Registration Number

Please delete and repost

Do I have grounds not to pay this fine?

I will contact the DVLA tomorrow

Could you advise me on the next process tho? will i need to contact the company?

Your help and assistance is very much appreciated!

Regards

Darren

Dazzle, you dont need to do anything at this stage as regarding contacting this or any other company. let them waste their money contacting you and if the quality of what they have done so far is anything to go by it will all blow over.

Debt collection agencies are just employed to write letters and make threats when they have no right to actually do anything more serious. As the dca is just paid to do this they have no interest in the matter so cant do anything themselves.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...