benefit fraud

LS101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello i have been working for abt 3 months and it the socail about 8 months to take me to court for fraud now due to my health i need to go back on the sick can i still claim esa even though iam getting done for fraud please dont judge me i was in a very bad place when i done and i didnt do it for a life of luxarey thou so can anyone help me please x

Edited by citizenB
removed personal information

i was working and claiminf for about 2 years i came of esa last feb and i have started paying it back they r taking it out of my dla this is my new job i have to take 3 months of work and due to ill health please dont judge me and please ask me any questions and iam willing to answer them x

Hello and welcome to CAG,

We're not here to judge, don't worry about that.

I'll move your thread to the benefits forum where we deal with this sort of problem and leave you a short term link to follow from this forum. The guys may need to ask you a few questions before we're able to advise, I hope that's OK. :)

My best, HB

Edited by citizenB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I'm quite sure you will still be able to claim ESA. Someone I know was convicted of housing benefit fraud (though it says 'failure to report a change of circs on his police file) and claims housing benefit again now...mind I dont know if it was a hassle to start claim back up or not

I never understand how people manage to work when claiming, unless its cash in hand work. Surely tax records and such would alert the DWP right away? I'm not having a go, I have genuinely always wondered this.

Data matching means that most people get caught out now if not declaring work (if it's not cash in hand) and the new Real time systems are making that even quicker.

The offences usually prosecuted for are failing to report a change in circumstances or making a false statement- under the social security administration act. Though having said that, the CPS are increasingly using the Fraud Act.

To the o.p - has your case been concluded yet?

Please do not ask me for advice via PM as I will not reply.