Benefit sanctions: Present your case to the Select Committee

Mr.P
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3456 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It Has been announced that the Work and Pensions Committee is to conduct an enquiry in to benefit sanctions imposed by the DWP.

The Work and Pensions Committee has decided to conduct an inquiry into benefit sanctions policy. This inquiry will consider aspects of sanctions policy which were outside the remit of the Oakley Review.

The Committee is particularly interested in:

• Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) sanctions, including: whether the current ESA sanctions regime is appropriate and proportionate for jobseekers with ill health and disabilities; and the reasons for recent sharp increases in the number of ESA sanctions
  • Whether particular groups of ESA and JSA claimants (by impairment type; age; gender etc.) are proportionately more likely to be sanctioned than others
  • To follow up the Committee's recommendation for a full independent review, to investigate the purpose, effects and efficacy of benefit sanctions, and to consider the issues such a review would need to take into account, including
  • What are the current sanctions regimes trying to achieve and what evidence is there that they work?

Further details: http://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/work-and-pensions-committee/news/benefit-sanctions-launch/

Anyone who has had to fight an unjust sanction, either instigated by a WP/CWP provider, or imposed by the DWP is urged to make a submission to the enquiry - If enough evidence is submitted, there may be a chance that the whole process will be subjected to a radical overhaul.

Edited by honeybee13
Following a discussion with Mr P, we have amended the thread title to try to elicit more responses and possible submissions.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Get your voice heard NOW :)

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

The deadline for submissions is 12th December.

I can think of several posters here with stories worthy of submitting (Seetec inflicting sanctions on an ESA.SG claimant for example).

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I'll be submitting my story, it'll be a bit difficult to contain it within 3,000 words though!

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...