European bank transfer refund

slick__
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3545 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there guys

I hope you can help

I ordered an item, worth around £7500 via barclays sepa bank transfer from a company is Sweden. The company is legitimate and not a [problem] - however they failed to send the item after around 5 months. They are not cooperative in refunding either.

I heard from a friend that there is a way to obtain a cancellation/refund/chargeback from Barclays (or any other bank) if an item is not shipped & the company is legitimate despite having done a bank transfer...

can anyone tell me if they would do this or share their experience or guide me as the best way to approach this situation, im going to try to pop in on friday and see what they say.

I have the online order number and full details for the company (the company staff in Sweden are actually fluent in English !)

Thanks you guys...

Hi slick__ and welcome to CAG

Did you pay any part of the transaction by credit card. If you paid £100 or more by credit card, you have the benefit of protection under s.75 CCA 1974.

Can you tell us a bit more about the purchase, how it has failed and whether any remedy has been suggested by the supplier.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi slick__ and welcome to CAG

I paid fully by bank transfer through barclays. Credit cards / debit cards not accepted as payment. The item is one unit of computer hardware. I have the receipts / order details etc. The company says that their terms of sales says any purchaser is deemed to be a business customer - which means Swedens consumer laws don't apply to it - I'm not a business though, just an individual buying online from their website...

Apparently Barclays may be able to reverse the transaction due to non shipment of products ??? It's been 5 months + now and they not delivered and refusing refunds...

Is the supplier giving any indication of likely delivery time or any plausible reason for the delay so far.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)