Portfolio Recovery Associates /QQ default on CRA file

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3578 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Today I checked my credit report with noddle (it's free) and

I noticed I have one default account which has been registered with PRA.

Concerned I checked Experian and there is same information.

Both of them are relating to my old debt with QQ which has been taken over by Mackenzie Hall.

I settled this debt in 2011 and I've requested a confirmation letter from MH, which I still have a copy of.

I was working really hard over last 3 years to build my credit score once again.

Could you please help me what should I do and how should I deal with PRA.

Dates and ammount on the letter and credit report are exactly same.

Also I am 100% sure I've settled all my debts from the past.

Thank you

PRA is MH's parent company.

if you paid the debt off

it doesn't remove the default sadly

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

But balance is still showing as £296 that apparently I owe them. I found a letter on experian website, should I send it to them ?

To: Portfolio Recovery Associates

Re: Account number M2300XXXXX

Dear Portfolio Recovery Associates

I have viewed my Experian credit report and would like to let you know that my account started on 21/12/2010 should show the correct balance of £0

The account is recorded in the name of XXXXXXXXXXX at the address of XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I am also including a copy of the letter that I received from Mackenzie Hall on 30/11/2011 with information that account has been settled.

Please can you investigate my comments and let me know the outcome.

Yours faithfully

Edited by djcreed

yep send PRA a copy of the MH letter proving you have settled the debt too.

what is the default date in the debt summary line

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

or as we already know quite well

DCA's pocket the payments.

dx

and they

how much did you pay off the default say £600 odd

dx

and they

It's 26/04/2011 as per screenshot in attachment. Either MH did not update my account or after being taken over by PRA something went wrong and this is showing a balance now.

Thanks

To my knowledge there has a number of instances such a this all stemming from the time PRA acquired MH and began to amend CRA records with their data.

Follow dx100s advice, personally I would get " Notices of Dispute/Correction " placed on all the CRA entries.

You may get the balance changed but as dx said the default entry will remain for the balance of the 6 year period.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thank you very much for an advice. I have contacted today PRA and I was assured that this is an error in their system. As a confirmation I've send them an email with official letter requesting change of my account status on my CRA and with letter from MH that account has been settled. I was informed by PRA employee that if I will receive any phone calls from PRA I should simply ignore it. I was assured that my CRA should change in the next 2 weeks.

@dx I either paid off the full amount or agreed amount which was offered to me by MH. I can't recall it now and I will have to get a bank statements from my previous bank to get all the details.

Obviously I will inform about any outcome. If there is anything else I should do to make sure this has been resolved please let me know. If I will not receive any response via email I will send letter and a copy of account statement from MH via post.

@BRIGADIER - I am ok with default status of my account as long as balance will change. I have 2 defaults from 2011 and this should disapear from my CRA in 2017. If this will not get corrected I will struggle until 2020.

Regards

Edited by djcreed
new response

. I was informed by PRA employee that if I will receive any phone callsicon from PRA I should simply ignore it.

Umm no. They should NOT be calling you at all. Never mind still calling you but saying to ignore it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Umm no. They should NOT be calling you at all. Never mind still calling you but saying to ignore it.

Out sourced call centre probably automated.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

They still should cease the calls, automated or not. If they can't, then their systems are not fit for purpose.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D