Help! Summons to court after paying FPN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3562 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have 3 points, not 6-8....

Being so pregnant there's little I can do about this right now. My insurance know I have a US license. I can book a 3 day intensive driving course in oct and do the road test on the day 3. Quite where and how I'm going to do a practical with a nursing baby I don't know.

I won't be getting a UK passport now, that's completely scuppered and to be honest not even sure I want one anymore!

Hello again.

I'm really worried about you. Do the insurance company know that you've been here for 12 years?

Higher up the thread, you were told that you should have taken a test in the 12 months after you arrived in the UK and that thereafter you needed a UK licence. If they knew that the US licence wasn't valid any more, they might not be insuring you.

I imagine the rules are just as tough in the States, please don't risk coming up against our system.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are caught without insurance it is a criminal offence and they take your car away there and then.

The car can also be seized for driving without a valid licence (which the OP is certainly doing), regardless of whether she has insurance.

All I can do is take the driving test as stated above. Clearly I will be doing that ASAP.

I know the US have equally **** (unfair) rules surrounding immigration so am not comparing. But this whole saga (with the ticket) has put me off citizenship (good thing seeing as I can't have it anyway!).