Talkmobile "upgrade"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3596 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As my contract was ended i decided to " upgrade". Talkmobile have process where they send you text code - IF you are eligible for " upgrade" - i was !:-D

However, i got a bit suspicious and checked and those "upgrades" are just the normal prices offered to any customer - so it is NOT an upgrade :|

Does this breach any law ? (i know i will be told -no!)

don't think there is any link between the words upgrade and cheaper because you are an existing customer.......

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I had a contract with 3 for my sons phone, came to the end of the contract and was offered an upgrade to the new phone he wanted. After checking around, got the same phone on a better bundle for £5 less via carphonewarehouse (still with 3). For some reason they refused to match it, so cancelled and set up a new one. Loyalty does not mean much to them it seems

Always best to shop around.

Their website states this

"Exclusive talkmobile upgrade deals

All 24 month contract customers are eligible to upgrade 60 days before contract end date. So if you’re eligible to upgrade, choose one of our fantastic deals and upgrade online now!"

http://talkmobile.co.uk/upgrades?PHPSESSID=jp57eecooi4eip830k81396pe3

"Exclusive " (but same as everybody else really it seems)

I know some have mentioned haggling - but that really is a separate issue that is neither here nor there (although not surprising as such legal issues in my experience are viciously notorious for getting side tracked) from the specific point

:)

Maybe the exclusive bit refers to the fact you can upgrade before your contract ends , but don't be fooled as you will still have exactly the same time under contract i.e 2 months before onto a 24 month contract leaves you with 26 months

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .