chezt V RBS Mastercard

chezt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

That's ok Bill! Thanks for your input with my letter - Mine was a little basic so I think I've managed to incorporate your good stuff into my letter - what do you think?

I tried to click on your scales for helping me by the way but it wouldn't let me - says I have to spread some reputation round a bit before adding to your's again! PMSL! :rolleyes:

Sorry, Chezt - I was so pleased you spotted my 400th I missed your post with the new letter !! Yeah, me and Willow both keep getting told to "Go forth & multiply." :rolleyes: I s'pose it's designed to make us mingle a bit more, and increase the size of the forum's "Gene Pool." Suits me, with my new-found inflated ego :cool: !!

Yeah - I lurve your letter. I'm flattered that you kept a lot my "snidey-jibey" bits in !! Hope Gizmo can take a look before you post it, but you've taken out the £12 stuff as she suggested so that oughtta do fine !!

Well done, and I look forward to seeing what they come back with, now !!!

Bill.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a couple of amendments chezt to make it a bit more concise if you want them

I refer to your very comprehensive letter dated (DATE) relating to my request for repayment of charges. I have noted the contents of your letter and I respectfully decline your offer of £xxxx as full and final settlement, and request, once again, that you return to me the total sum of my claim. I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder, with a County Court claim if necessary.

Thank you for your fascinating explanation of how you calculate interest. Unfortunately, there seems to have been some misunderstanding, as I did not request this. A full and proper account of how the bank justifies charging the penalty fees imposed is what would be more appropriate here, although I do appreciate that this is probably very difficult for you to formulate.

I also note your offer of a set of duplicate statements for £10. Whilst I appreciate that this is probably very good value, I will not require these, as I have always kept my own records, which you will see are sufficiently accurate for the purposes of my claim.

Unless your records and mine differ, I would be grateful if you could advise why I should order a set of duplicate statements from you, and whom exactly I would be required to produce these to.

I would be obliged if you could now refund the full amount requested within the 14 days as stated in my letter before action dated (DATE). Failure to do so will leave me no alternative but to begin a claim against you (in the County Court on (DATE)) for the full amount plus costs plus interest, and without further notice.

I trust this clarifies my position and I look forward to receiving your positive reply. You are reminded that there will be no extension to this timescale.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

The cute guinea pig found this amusing.

I also note your offer of a set of duplicate statements for £10. Whilst I appreciate that this is probably very good value, I will not require these, as I have always kept my own records, which you will see are sufficiently accurate for the purposes of my claim.

Mastered the keyboard now - its the corkscrew that is the problem:???:

Yeah I liked that bit too ... good ole Bill! Oh dear with the corkscrew - u can get some good wines now with screwtop lids u know ... ;)

Can't beleive I'm chatting to a Gorilla & a Guinea pig!! If I weren't getting such good help n advice I'd think I was dreaming! :-|

Or drunk of course !

links to my current claims ...

My claim - Yorkshire Bank Visa

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Chezt v RBS Joint Account

chezt v Abbey Credit Card

Settled ...

chezt V Duet Card/Creation Finance

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue

Next ...

Abbey Joint a/c & Single a/c

Barclaycard (Mine & Hubby's)

Anyone else I can think of ...! :rolleyes:

Mastered the keyboard now - its the corkscrew that is the problem:???:

Thanks for the look-in Gizmo.

There ya go Chezt. QED. Ready to post.

Poor Gizmo, you must have been wrestling with that bottle of "Cavy Cava" since Friday. Bless !! :Cry:

Just a couple of amendments chezt to make it a bit more concise if you want them

I refer to your very comprehensive letter dated (DATE) relating to my request for repayment of charges. I have noted the contents of your letter and I respectfully decline your offer of £xxxx as full and final settlement, and request, once again, that you return to me the total sum of my claim. I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder, with a County Court claim if necessary.

They didn't actually give me an amount, just offered to refund the difference between the charges & the £12 mentioned by OFT ... I couldn't be a**sed (bothered!) to work out what that would be so that's why I just said partial refund lol :rolleyes:

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

"snidey-jibey" bits !! .

U mean like £10 being good value? PMSL! ;)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

They didn't actually give me an amount, just offered to refund the difference between the charges & the £12 mentioned by OFT ... I couldn't be a**sed (bothered!) to work out what that would be so that's why I just said partial refund lol :rolleyes:

Change it to your offer dated xx/xx/xx - need to be clear they are very busy!

Better than a zoo here - first sign of a snake I am out of here :Cry:

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Yeah I liked that bit too ... good ole Bill! Oh dear with the corkscrew - u can get some good wines now with screwtop lids u know ... ;)

Can't beleive I'm chatting to a Gorilla & a Guinea pig!! If I weren't getting such good help n advice I'd think I was dreaming! :-|

FOMTL !!! :lol:

Better than a zoo here - first sign of a snake I am out of here :Cry:

:lol:

I'll keep mine in its' basket, then. ;)

:eek: Thought you were 'sposed to be behaving yourself - u just can't help yourself can you! :rolleyes:

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

They don't call me "The Wicker Man" for nothing, you know !!

If you order this in a basket, you won't need any chips !!

Oh, God - here I go go again. Just 'cos it's me 400th I'm gettin' cheeky.

No - I'll behave. I've got some things here to do, so I'll let you guys have the last words this time. Scathing though I know they will probably be.

See ya later !!

Thanks for the fun ! :D

Bill. :)

PS - Thanks everso for celebrating my 400th with me Chezt & Gizmo !!

They don't call me "The Wicker Man" for nothing, you know !!

If you order this in a basket, you won't need any chips !!

Oh, God - here I go go again. Just 'cos it's me 400th I'm gettin' cheeky.

No - I'll behave. I've got some things here to do, so I'll let you guys have the last words this time. Scathing though I know they will probably be.

See ya later !!

Thanks for the fun ! :D

Bill. :)

Virtual champagne all round!

Just 'cos it's me 400th I'm gettin' cheeky.

Excuses, escuses - ur always cheeky! ;)

Virtual champagne all round!

Damn trust me to go to bed n miss the champers! I'll av mine at the end of this thread instead eh! :p:-)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Morning, Chezt !

Well, I got off lightly there, I think. Scathing comments appear to have been set aside, seein' as I woz de Birfday Boy !! You guys were very kind.

Virtual champagne is a bit flat - really. The banter with you guys is the real celebration !! And - as you say, Chezt - the real celebration comes at the end of the thread !!

May it be in time for Christmas for you !!

Cheers,

Bill.

May it be in time for Christmas for you !!

Cheers,

Bill.

Here here! :)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Have to say this thread cheers up a guinea pigs life:D squeak squeak

Pleased to oblige & hope it'll be even more pleasing when we reach the end ... :grin:

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

LBA expires on Wednesday & rec'd another letter from RBS today following mine on 21st Nov - no reference to why I need to pay £10 for duplicate statements or responding to my request for them to supply how the bank justifies their charges (well surprise surprise!) Also no reference to my rejecting their offer - just quite simply ...

'TY for correspondence .... currently reviewing this issue & will cntact me again within 2 weeks (that's a shame 'cos I'm due to MCOL this on on Thursday!) to let me know how it's resolved or at least to let me know how they're progressing.' Also they thank me again for bringing this to their attention! :rolleyes:

Watch this space .... Hopefully I'll be getting my money soon!

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Yeah think I'll just do that Bill ... I'll do it right now me thinks :)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

OK ... what do we think of this little 'nudge' letter? does it sound ok or does it need a little Gorilla Sarcasm? :rolleyes:;):confused:

Dear Ms Head

Thank you for your letter I received today dated 23rd November 2006 advising that you are currently reviewing my request for repayment of charges. Whilst I am pleased to hear that you are dealing with my request, I would like to remind you that I issued to you on DATE my Letter Before Action which expires 29th November 2006.

Therefore once again, I would be obliged if you could now refund by return the full amount requested without further delay. Failure to do so will leave me no alternative but to begin a claim against you (in the County Court on 30th November 2006) for the full amount including interest (currently standing at £xx.xx as of today’s date and gaining £0.xxp daily interest) plus my costs (for which the courts charge £80.00 for a claim of this value) and without further notice. I feel sure however, that you will not consider this a viable or cost-effective option.

I trust this clarifies my position and I look forward to receiving your positive reply. You are reminded that there will be no extension to this timescale.

Yours faithfully

chezt

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Any comments on my 'nudge' letter? Gonna print it for posting 1st thing ..

No comments so I'm gonna run with this as it is ... notime to hang around on this as the LBA expires Wednesday 29th! Hopefully I'll get my cheque b4 endo of week!?

One can but live in hope anyway! :cool:

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Any comments on my 'nudge' letter? Gonna print it for posting 1st thing ..

No comments so I'm gonna run with this as it is ... notime to hang around on this as the LBA expires Wednesday 29th! Hopefully I'll get my cheque b4 endo of week!?

One can but live in hope anyway! :cool:

Aah - sorry, Chezt - just got back online after daughter finally relinquished the keyboard !!

Sorry I missed the opportunity you offered me to add some "snidey" stuff, but you did well to go ahead and print it in the end. No, I have to admit, that it seems "politely snotty" enough to me to do the job, mate !! Any more stuff (& thanks for waiting for me, anyway !!) would have been "gilding the lily" I reckon. Or should I say "barbing the nettle" ? Heh-heh.

Oh - and thanks for helping out P'O with the screen print sizing, mate. Poor sod must have been having headaches every night. Mrs K says "...so what's new ?" :D

Lasered, eh ? 'Ere - can you do that superman trick, then ?

Here's avoiding eye-contact with you, kid !! :cool: