Pension & benefits payments over Easter

Ell-enn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3698 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anyone know if payments due on Easter Monday (21st) will be paid tomorrow (18th) ?

I can't find anything on the net

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I was going to ask the same thing. I sign on tomorrow for my JSA and usually get paid on Tuesday but with Friday and Bank hol Monday when does the payment go in? I don't fancy trying to get by another 2 days with no payment

Yes I saw that for tax credits, but I can't see anything for pensions/benefits

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I think if you normally get it on a Tuesday you will get paid on that day, it's the payments due on Easter Monday that should be paid early (I think)

All benefits due on Bank Holidays should be paid on the last working day before the holiday - so payments due on 21st should be paid on the 17th in England and Wales, on the 18th in Scotland.

Payments dependent on signing on should still be paid early, as the computer system advances them. Obviously if you get a payment and don't bother to sign on that will likely close your claim and result in an overpayment.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Thanks Antone - that'll put my elderly neighbour at ease, he thought he was going to have to wait till Tuesday for his pension.

All payments that become due on a bank holiday or non working day are always paid on the last working day before.

All receipts that become due on a bank holiday or non working day are always taken on the first working day after.

Anyone know if payments due on Easter Monday (21st) will be paid tomorrow (18th) ?

I can't find anything on the net

DWP,JCP,HMRC paying benefits and Local councils paying HB.

They All use BACS payment system http://www.bacs.co.uk/Bacs/Corporate/Pages/default.aspx

There will be No BACS payments from 00:01 hrs Friday 18th April 2014 until 02:00 hrs Tuesday 22nd April 2014.

http://www.bacs.co.uk/Bacs/DocumentLibrary/Bacs_processing_calendar_2014.pdf

People due to be paid on Good Friday 18th and Easter Monday 21st should have received early payments by now the 17th, as antone posted #7

Banks and post offices are Closed Good Friday 18th and Easter Monday 21st ....

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

My ESA was in the bank when I checked first thing this morning, it was due tomorrow, paid early as its Good Friday tomorrow.