Need help with meter reading

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3725 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Carol and welcome to CAG

I've moved your post into your own new thread.

Is yours an old style meter with several dials that turn in different directions. They are notoriously difficult to read.

Best advice is to read them from right to left, use each dial to tell you what the next dial is heading towards and write the reading down in the correct (reverse) order.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

what meter type do you have?

you need the maker and the model number

then type in in say yahoo.

as stated

if you have a wheel type

theres no time.

its done by the GMT signal sent down the line.

I take it this is in relation to the metering time issue in the press of recent

toward economy 7/10?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi would this PDF be of any help:

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

You never take the readings for an E7 or an E10 meter from an old-fashoned dial type meter.

There may still be a dial meter on site but the readings will be taken from a silver coloured digital device attached to the bottom of the meter.

The time is also given on this device. It is sometimes wrong - it is not controlled by a teleswitch. (or GMT signal sent down the line). The device cycles through all the information (readings, time) by itself - you do not need to press anything.

In fact, the times are notoriously unreliable on these devices - they are nearly always wrong.

Not sure how many of these horrible devices are still on site - but there were plenty around when I was last a meter reader in 2012.

Hi Matt,

You never take the readings for an E7 or an E10 meter from an old-fashoned dial type meter.

Can you tell us why you say this. I regularly supply old style dial readings to the Leccy Co as they rarely have the meters read by Lowry Beck these days.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Perhaps didn;;t make it thaat clear in earlier post.

You obviously can read the meter but you don;t take the readings from the dial (if you have an E7 or E10 meter) - what they dsay are irrelevant. You take the readings from the silver device below.