Harry Shaw / Ocean View Bournemouth

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3777 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Looking for advice on how too take this forward please.

Booked (4) rooms for 4 nights over Xmas 2013 at the Ocean View, Booked through Harry Shaw, (although we made our own way down in own cars)

We were 4 carers looking after 4 adults with learning difficulties.

For the whole 4 days and nights, 3 of the rooms had no heating, and all 4 rooms no hot water, so no shower or bath, guests were having too virtually hand wash with water from kettles.

Constant complaints too hotel were met with, nothing going too get done until 27th Dec (day of leaving)

Every meal was completely ruined by having too eat in a room with no heating, was cold and uncomfortable.

More complaints too hotel, not interested, told too take it up with Harry Shaw.

Have done so some 2 weeks ago now and having the run around from them, waiting too hear from Hotel etc... Customers services off sick, etc..

We paid £350 per person for 4 nights. 23rd thru 26th.

Am looking for advice on what too do now, and what should we be asking for as regards redress...

Thanks for taking time too read.

scouse.

Hi

As you booked through Harry Shaw, they are responsible for dealing with this complaint.

In their defence, having to liaise with a third party can be time consuming but that is not your problem.

If you haven't filed a formal complaint, that is the next thing to do but as it's only been a few weeks since the incident, I would give them a little more time.

I suggest you leave it till the end of the month and if no joy, write again.

From what you have written, I would be going for a full refund.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Many thanks for the replies.

I phoned Harry Shaw on the 29th Dec, and asked about complaints procedure etc. They told me too email complaint and that it would be dealt with, i emailed a formal complaint, and have been given the run around since, too the point yesterday, that the customer service lady that deals with such things, is conveniently now off sick when callled... and according too them, there is no-one else on the planet (ok slight exaggeration on my part) that can deal with this issue..

All suggestions welcome, and i fully intend too follow this through, the lack of help and evasiveness, annoys me far more than the camping and eating al fresco experience we had over Xmas.

Cheers

scouse.

If they keep prevaricating, send them a Letter Before Action. This sometimes has the effect of making their ears prick up as it shows you are serious.

Only send the letter if you are prepared to sue them.

registered address for City Cruiser Holidays Ltd.

38-44 BINLEY ROAD

COVENTRY

WEST MIDLANDS

CV3 1JA

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

That sounds awful. If it was me, I'd start off by asking for a full refund including travel costs plus compensation, with the aim of settling for a full refund.

The CAB has a guide here: http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/travel_leisure_and_food_e/consumer_holidays_e/consumer_holiday_contracts_e.htm. Legally, holiday contracts are a rare example of a kind of contract where you can get additional compensation for loss of enjoyment.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS