TV licensing investigation..

Consumer dude
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This year they've changed their threat templates, got two missives so far which I've not seen before?!?!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 months later...

I'm slowly building up a pile of these letters, all addressed to "The Legal Occupier", all unopened. When I get a spare moment, they will all be returned with "Not known at this address" emblazoned across the front.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Just curious with this

Where do you stand with streaming with firestick and TV Licence?

So long as you only use catch up but not I Player, and on demand, do not watch live broadcast streams as in a sheduled programme watched as it is broadcast, watch DVD Bluray, or VHS, TV detuned from Freeview, no aerial connected to tv no sky box, then no need for a License at all. the folks over at tvlicensing.blogspot.co.uk have all the info anyone needs to see if they need a TV license.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I have had so many investigations but none have every been concluded, surely this is harassment.

Of course it is, but try and get the government to admit they harass their own population!

Just ignore their silly letters, they hold no weight at all.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 1 month later...

I recall it was the opening words of a song in the 1970's. It is now driving me mad to think who sang it. Mud I think. Wouldnt that be applicable. The chorus goes You know I know I'm never gonna let you go ( repeated) Always yours. Well they certainly dont wanna let you go do they?

This latest letter begins, You know. We know. What does that even mean ?.

I recall it was the opening words of a song in the 1970's. It is now driving me mad to think who sang it. Mud I think. Wouldnt that be applicable. The chorus goes You know I know I'm never gonna let you go ( repeated) Always yours. Well they certainly dont wanna let you go do they?

Wrong decade i think. Do you mean Yazoo Don't go ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

This latest letter begins, You know. We know. What does that even mean ?.

Have you not completed their form, which tells them you don't watch TV. If you don't complete the form, they presume you watch or record live TV programmes.

Have you not completed their form, which tells them you don't watch TV. If you don't complete the form, they presume you watch or record live TV programmes.

They shouldn't presume anything, why should I confirm that I don't need a TV, as I don't believe I am obliged to.

They shouldn't presume anything, why should I confirm that I don't need a TV, as I don't believe I am obliged to.

There is no legal requirement to notify the TVL that a TV licence is not required. Anecdotal evidence on the web would suggest that filling in the form doesn't stop the endless barrage of threat-o-grams anyway.

My strategy is to pop the unopened letters back in the post with "RTS Not known at this address" across the front. When they stop addressing me as "The Legal Occupier", I'll reconsider my response.

My strategy is to pop the unopened letters back in the post with "RTS Not known at this address" across the front. When they stop addressing me as "The Legal Occupier", I'll reconsider my response.

I collect all mine, got 90 odd now!?!

If they're addressing them to the legal occupier, you've won, as you're never going to give them the information they demand, and most certainly not to one of their clueless doorstep goons!

No, definitely not that. I shall have to make my wife suffer my singing and get her to name that tune.
l

Perhaps TV licencing can use you as an enforcement weapon. They threaten to send you around to houses without a licence to entertain with your singing. After a few renditions of the neighbours theme tune, people will be rushing online to buy a licence.

After a few renditions of the neighbours theme tune, people will be rushing online to buy a licence.

Or a shotgun.... Please folks, don't do this. Guns solve nothing, and bad singing only leads to more trouble.

I know you know we know

We can make the good thing keep happening

Good thing keep happening

I know you know we know

We can make the good thing keep happening

Good thing keep happening

Perhaps I should start my own investigation and inform them that this is the case, are they likely to respond ?.

Well yes investigate a capita goon by filming him if he visits, and tell him you are investigating Capita goons for deceit. Caution him for good measure.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 2 months later...