Indesit dishwasher purchased from Argos - deceased, just over 2 years old

WebMaster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3754 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There's definitely a sketch in there:-)

Got the new dishwasher yesterday, so it's all over now ... although I'm sure some of you will be amused at the carry on I had.

Had a text from Argos on Tuesday to say that the dishwasher would be delivered between 2 and 4pm the following day. Of course, that didn't happen: they turned up at 8.30am the next morning while I was still in bed. Got dressed quickly and let them in, but they weren't allowed to disconnect the old dishwasher, so I had to quickly do that.

Still half asleep I turned off the wrong stopcock, so when I finally got the hose disconnected water started spraying all over the kitchen wall. Reconnected the hose, turned off the other stopcock, still the wrong one - more water spraying everywhere. Finally found a third stopcock under the sink, and that did the trick.

So they took the old dishwasher, and left a nice new one. As I'm busy unpacking the new one, I can hear the missus getting in the shower upstairs. As soon as she turns the upstairs tap on, water starts spraying out of the t connector again, and I'm yelling up the stairs "turn the f***ing tap off!". By this time the kitchen floor is swimming in water and I'm soaking wet.

After mopping up I start connecting up the new dishwasher. Then I discover that there's no bloody inlet hose. I left the old one attached to the dishwasher which Argos have now taken away. At this point the missus calls me upstairs and asks for a "progress update". Needless to say I got called a "stupid boy", and was sent back downstairs with my tail between my legs.

Got on ebay and ordered a suitable hose for a couple of quid, then figured I might as well familiarise myself with the new dishwasher. As soon as I opened the door, there was the new hose inside.

Connected everything up, slid the dishwasher back in place under the kitchen unit (not a simple job as it's a very tight gap), turned it on, and of course it didn't work - I'd forgotten to turn the stopcock back on ... and to reach the stopcock I had to take the dishwasher and washing machine back out again. Finally got this done, and it's working nicely now.

So to cut a lot story short, yes we can update the thread title now :p