lose your home lose your kids

what is a home
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3728 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi rds60h

Yes, this forum is to help people, not to make accusations nor level insults therefore your post was unapproved.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all

just a quick update , too knackered to go into much detail

head and heart went PoP . ended up back in the dark woods of the mind for a fair while .

the council gave us a deadline to decide . move to the flat or be evicted etc . this expired yesterday .

I said yes , through lack of time and knowledge and duty to keep my family safe.

I didn't sleep a wink last night and started today with more defensive vigour .

I believe that our case is muddied waters. my "new" mission is to clear those waters to allow our truth to be seen . The council , as you know , have not answered any of our questions . only stated current legislation at us. even when asked by our solicitor about ANY of our points , they ignore.

my next action over this weekend is to go through all of the data files again and create a nice short summary of facts dates and events. I believe that this will create a clearly stronger case in our favour and expose us less to the 50/50 odds of a judges discretional bias . I intend to run this by the solicitor again on Monday (we already said goodbye ..time to say hello again so soon! ) and if she agrees that the clarity of the case is clearer and improves our chances then ,,

the fight in the court is on! I think ?! maybe ...

I shall put up a summary for here when I have done it to try to help clear any confusing points that may have come up.

x

I have found a tag thing here is mine....

"The right to housing is not about a roof anywhere, at any cost, without any social ties. It is not about reshuffling people according to a snapshot of the number of bedrooms at a given night.

It is about enabling environments for people to maintain their family and community bonds, their local schools, work places and health services allowing them to exercise all other rights, like education, work, food or health."

remarks by UN Special Rapporteur on adequate housing,

Rachel Rolnik

x

As Desperate Daniella says, How did you get on What is a Home ?

I don't know if you looked at my link on post #50 but the relevant part of it is this ::

Introductory Tenancies for new tenants

These were created by the Housing Act 1996. They are tenancies which can be granted by a local authority or housing action trust. However, the local authority must have "elected" to operate the introductory tenancy in it's district, in which case it will apply to all it's future lettings to new tenants.

The tenancy does not become "permanent" until 12 months after it starts. If at any time before this 12 month period ends the tenant misbehaves the local authority / housing action trust can get possession.

I have just checked my Tenancy Agreement and it states exactly this on it and as 1 year has just passed on mine today I intend to contact my local council and confirm that I am now a "Permanent Tenant". In fact I am about to have another full read through it, because I am sure I saw a sentence that stated "provide the house for life at the agreed rent" which would even put a different slant on the "bedroom tax".