style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3858 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If the house is in your name then theyll take it back.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

No The house is not in my name as its mortgaged in my dads name the only connection I have with the house is I live here with him ....The only other thing is he leaves the house to my daughter and changes his will but he does not want to do this and I have not tolled him I am in dept and rather not as I don,t want him to go knowing I am .

A property cannot belong to a deceased person. The mortgage would be transferred to you, if they have agreed to it, as you say.

You can't claim it not to be yours for bankruptcy purposes: this would be failure to disclose assets, a criminal offence. In any case, they would find out during BR proceedings.

Maybe you should consider ways of persuading your dad to let the house pass to your daughter, even if it does mean you have to reveal to him your debts.