compliance visit

worried parent
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Some percentage of claims are checked at random by Compliance.

Compliance also gets involved if there's been an allegation of fraud made but the DWP doesn't think there's really any problem. They have to check out all reports, but if they really thought he was up to something, it would be the Fraud Investigation Service, not Compliance, who'd be looking at it.

And they don't do sweeps targeting "single white men" (or married black women, for that matter). First off, that would violate all kinds of legislation and secondly, a claimants race is not recorded on the DWP computers. They have no way of knowing what ethnicity he is.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Ah, of course that well known Compliance referral for being white, single & male.

Is anyone that thick that they actually believe this rubbish?

A bit harsh, Jabba. There are all sorts of bizarre rumours going around regarding the DWP and the way they do things. What I suppose I would term "DWP Paranoia" is rife and self-perpetuating. It's not totally surprising that people hear daft stories and think, "Well, maybe..."

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Maybe I've heard too many people use the "a man at the pub/gym/chip shop told me" excuse.

I just get annoyed by stupid rumours that end up as "fact" over time.

Did you know that the homeless can claim extra money if they have a dog? etc etc etc.

Sure, I sympathise. I suppose the "three night rule" is a classic example of this as well.

I suppose the "three night rule" is a classic example of this as well.

Yes. That one goes back to the 70's!

Talking of the 70's I didn't like the use of the race card above. From your time at the DWP I presume you heard customers use it with you, either accusing you of being racist or claiming they would be treated better if they were a different race.

It's a lazy excuse that is often used as a threat to try to scare & intimidate staff. The only thing it would get from me is the absolute minimum service required whilst remaining professional & nothing more.

Yes. That one goes back to the 70's!

Talking of the 70's I didn't like the use of the race card above. From your time at the DWP I presume you heard customers use it with you, either accusing you of being racist or claiming they would be treated better if they were a different race.

It's a lazy excuse that is often used as a threat to try to scare & intimidate staff. The only thing it would get from me is the absolute minimum service required whilst remaining professional & nothing more.

I did get the race card argument a lot, from people of all races. Plus, of course, its cousin the "immigrant card". You know the sort of thing: "I struggle to get anything out of you people*. If only I was an immigrant - then I'd get full benefits, a council house and a new hat!"

*Don't you just love it when you're referred to as "you people"?

Well the compliance officer called but as there is no door bell he just put a card through the letter box stated that he called. Son phone him up and stated that he was in but as he failed to KNOCK he did not know that he had called. Told him to knock next time or phone him on the mobile when he arrives. Appointment made for Thursday now.

Sorry but you could not make it up if you tried - unable to knock on the door,.

He is only claiming JSA income support for himself at £71.71 per week and no other benefits at all and not in a relationship. So why a compliance visit but he told that he had heard of other white single men being singled out like this.

Well this married white woman had a compliance check as well so I really don't think anyones targeting you specifically. The lady took the time to explain that it's completely random, but because we'd been claiming the same benefits for some time with no change in circumstances it just flags up to check.