style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a mccullouch lawnmower a few weeks ago, but we have tried to find out what we are doing wrong, as the petrol is in it, and the oil, we can't transport it back to the shop.

Its the starter cord, we can't get it out of the lawnmower, it only comes so far and then sticks, there is no way that it is coming out.

What are my rights, and how can I get it back to the shop?

Anyone have difficulties like this?:?:

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

Have you used it before? You could use SOGA and tell them to come and pick it up as it is a defective product and it is unsafe for you to transport it yourself.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Then SOGA covers you 100%.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Have asked Homebase to come and collect it, and I have been told that I have to return it myself to the store, drain it of petrol/oil. They say because I collected it that day I had transport, but I don't know how to drain the petrol, and if I damaged it, they wouldn't take it back.

Customer service is ridiculous, they will not collect it, even though in their terms and conditions, they state even if you change your mind you can return it. I don't see the difference, it is a faulty item, and they need to take it back.

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

Theyre wrong. They can come and collect it at THEIR own expense. All you have to do is make it available for them to collect.

They have now asked can I not get a neighbour to bring it over to the shop.......it says on their website in delivery and returns section that they will arrange a free collection......

The mind boggles.....

LilythePink

Still haven't got anywhere with Homebase, they are now saying to ring the manufacturers to help us, but I want a total refund, as I wouldn't want to go through all this again. They are a useless bunch of idiots. It took two men to put it into my sister's car, and they could hardly manage it, how are we going to do it with petrol in it.

LilythePink

I think you should get a letter direct to the store manager or CEO of the company, and consider trading standards.

I have the name of the CEO but was waiting for a reply from the Consumer Council, but as you have advised, I will email him today, as I am fed up with the people who don't realise the basic rules of retail.

LilythePink

IMHO its not a company policy. It is more likely lazy, uneducated idiots who work in that particular store.

No matter where you go nowadays, nobody knows the law, and if it wasn't for this site, and my curiosity I would have lost an awful lot of money.

LilythePink

Emailed the CEO, as this morning they suggested that I ring the manufacturer. I told them it is the retailer that you goods are returned to, not the manufacturer.

Told him to get this lawnmower collected in the next seven days. IMHO you are right about customer service.

LilythePink