British Gas forced entry & fitted PP meter for prev tenants debt!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3834 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just read this thread and am as horrified as when I read the last one where the dog was injured.

I only hope that the OP does in fact pursue it to the bitter end and doesn't let it go now she's got gas. |The only way to stop these things happening to others is to prosecute the injustice to the end, shame BG and make them pay.

As soon as she go the supply back, she should have switched to another supplier. I can imagine if she did, BG would block it because of the 'debt'. That would be more ammo to use against them of course.

As for the 'investigation' at 'high level'.... poppycock come to mind. These has been rumbling on for weeks, and if it was being pursued at the 'high level', progress would be faster. As it is, it looks to me like they are looking for some kind of 'plausible deniability' to make it all look like a genuine very rare combination of very rare circumstances that led to genuine errors being made, including misinformation from you - you did ask for the PPM to be removed didn't you, and didn't ask for a replacement meter? That way they can simply say partly your fault, very rare, can't possibly happen again.

I used to work for British Gas...

I would do the following;

1/ Write to British Gas and request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, all the information pertaining to this issue at the flat's address. You need to request ALL written documentation and recorded phone calls. When you have it you will be able to prove that you never asked for the meter to be removed proving that BG lied in this respect.

I don't know how long ago you used to work for BG, but your advice above is wrong. The FoIA applies to public bodies not private companies. The correct route is a SAR (Subject Access Request) under the DPA (Data Protection Act). The Data Controller can only disclose material relating to the OP not the LL or anybody else.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. Right, i have been more than patient and more than fair. This is the situation now as it stands. I have given BG time to resolve this matter, they have persistently ignored me, played games and set collections agencies on me and my LL.

I have heard nothing from BG since the last update. I sent a SAR request which still remains uncashed ( the PO) and unsigned for (recorded delivery). Seems the high levels investigation team are holding out to see exactly how much evidence i do have. They are clearly waiting for me to make the first move, i refuse to. BG have instructed the LCS utility investigation to harass my LL for information, when she refused to breach Data Protection, they are sending her the previous tenants bills now saying she is responsible.

Now they are at it with the electricity! ( same tenant, left a bill, we are getting it in the neck) - So now is the time to start acting. No more talking and believing their BS. This just gets worse, so im prepared to start another press campaign, they clearly have not learned the first time round.

Meanwhile, the situation is just as it was before. Son will not live in the flat ( im sure BG have checked consumption) and we are still in limbo so,

Ive just seen the Daily Mail story, im contacting them now.

Oh and, i will be launching a County Court Claim, bring it in at just under 10k and they will be let off lightly IMO given the sheer abuse they have dished out and continue to do so towards me and my children. 7k and a sizeable donation to CAG and il not sue your asses and rip you to bits in the press.

Im sure my son would be more than happy to tell the Daily Mail how he felt finding his pet dead. Balls in your court BG.

Edited by Crotalus

The DM should know about you, I contacted them ages ago. Shows how ‘campaigning” they are...

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

I have heard nothing from BG since the last update. I sent a SAR request which still remains uncashed ( the PO) and unsigned for (recorded delivery).

From the Information Commissioner's website: (http://www.ico.org.uk/for_organisations/data_protection/subject_access_requests)

Subject access is one of the main rights of the Data Protection Act.

It gives people the right to access their personal information.

An individual can ask you to tell them about any personal information you hold about them,

and to provide them with a copy of that information.

In most cases you must respond within 40 calendar days of receiving it.

Its possible they didnt receive it,

although I know from personal experience (and documented on this site) that many times,

recorded letters ARE received but simply not signed for.

... which makes the 'service' useless if you want to prove receipt.

However, stuff sent through the post is assumed to have got there.

Not responding to a SAR is an offence under the DPA,

but the ICO is about as fast as a drunken snail finding its way round a maze,

but its still worth complaining because they give priority to SARs made for legal action.

I would be inclined to make a complaint to the ICO about the SAR not being complied with.

You might also make another one getting proof of posting instead of recorded.

That way you have proof that you did post it and it will be assumed to have arrived.

However, if you do initiate legal action,

I think there is a process where they have to supply information to you for you to prepare your case.

There are plenty in this site that can give more advice about that process.

I think like most large companies they are using a process of wearing you down.

By not actually dealing with the complaints,

they are hoping hoping you will just give up

- most people do.

Perhaps writing a letter of complaint about them not dealing with your original comp,

aint to the person at the 'highest level',

CCd to a newspaper etc (so BG know you are keeping someone else informed)

will prompt someone to sit up and realise that this might bit THEM on the backside THEY don't deal with it.

However, I think you need to decide if you do want to pursue this, and if so, do it.

They've had enough time to deal with your case,

they're not going to suddenly see the light and start treating customers decently unless they're made to.

And once they know your threats are empty, they know their service levels to you don't need to improve.

First thing you should do is change your supplier.

• 4 weeks later...

Changed supplier and taken all advice offered.

Monday will see the small claims launched.

I have to apologise for not updating as much as i should.

It appears that user Sparky0813 is actually my internet stalker

( initials are JM, should Admin wish to check)

who has a harassment order against him and has been contacting British Gas

telling them a pack of lies which has thrown the complaint into disarray.

I do have him blocked on here but im sure he will be back with another user name to carry on his harassment.

Should Admin wish to confirm this,

they can contact me and i will happily provide crime numbers and restraining order details.

I can also confirm his details used to set up this account.