British Gas forced entry & fitted PP meter for prev tenants debt!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3834 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, i was trying to say to DonkeyB via DM that BG have wreaked that much havoc in areas of my life that you just dont expect, that its hard for me to know where to start. My main concern is my son. No cooking facilities, heating or hot water throws up potential childcare issues. Im running between our home and my sisters, my kids Dads, showering in one house, eating in another - im sick of getting fobbed off with promises and they do the exact opposite.

Tomorrow is a new day hey.

Name of MP posted and edited :)

Thank you, helpful.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

You know, i was trying to say to DonkeyB via DM that BG have wreaked that much havoc in areas of my life that you just dont expect, that its hard for me to know where to start. My main concern is my son. No cooking facilities, heating or hot water throws up potential childcare issues. Im running between our home and my sisters, my kids Dads, showering in one house, eating in another - im sick of getting fobbed off with promises and they do the exact opposite.

Tomorrow is a new day hey.

You still have their absurd statement that they don’t have any money to compensate you. Ha ha ha ha....

Can you record calls?

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

Your MP has been active today. Should be able to contact him tomorrow.

Im literally on the phone to them now, on hold. I called the re-connections team, fully expecting it to be the wrong department and i was not disappointed. The woman i spoke to last night did not listen to a word i said, the number she gave me is for re-connections for customers with debt.

So despite extensive notes on their systems, myself repeating the story ad nauseum, just spoke to someone in the billing department, again just put through to anyone - so far 20 mins on the phone and im yet to speak to anyone who can walk and talk at the same time. Im not even angry anymore, its just ridiculous.

update: 33 minutes later, another wrong department, on hold and still not spoken to anyone who has said anything other than " sorry Miss X, this is the wrong department, il put you through to the right one"

Edited by Crotalus
added info

Now im shaking with anger. Im on the phone to a young man who told me i requested the meter removing, therefore i would not have any gas, why am i complaining!!!!!!

They said they listened to the phone call and i asked for the meter to be removed and im was happy with that.

Im informed what i should have said was i would like a meter exchange.

Its a crying shame BG`s pedantic attention to detail,l in this case, does not extend to operating within the law.

Edited by Crotalus

Now im shaking with anger. Im on the phone to a young man who told me i requested the meter removing, therefore i would not have any gas, why am i complaining!!!!!!

I'd stay off the phone, BG show themselves to be less than useful time and time again.

Send the email to Sam, mark it formal complaint in the subject line and state your case.

As advised, you must stay off the phone. The phoen reps are minimum wage workers and are told/forced to say anything to put the blame on the customer so they dont take complaints any further.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Only talk to them if you can record it!

I am totally Gobsmacked that BG has done this. This needs to be in the nationals NOW!!!

I know BG can be so incompetent but this is lower than low, even for them. Can you get in touch with another provider, explain the situation and see how they can help, it wont be instant but I cant see them charging you for putting in a meter. But I could be wrong but worth a try.

You really need to get this out on the social media networks as well.

Oh no, BG agreed to come today to install a credit meter, the guy is here but says he can fit a meter but is not allowed to switch the gas on. So still no further in getting my son home.

Edited number.

Edited by Crotalus

Im on the phone to BG now, the lady whom i speaking to checked with her bosses and has told the engineer, no matter what is going on, they have to leave me with a gas supply.

The Engineer has said that he is under instructions from his boss not to connect the supply under any circumstances.

We are at deadlock. Both my phones are out of use, im on one and the engineer is on the other, otherwise id be on the phone to the Sun newspaper right now.

As soon as he finishes with the mobile im going to record the rest of the conversation.

Well, engineer called his boss who told me because the boiler had been stood, not working, for 5 days, it was now considered to be decommissioned and needs a full service, at my LL`s cost.

That was the final straw, i lost my temper completely and told them if they do not have my gas switched on by 8pm this evening, pictures of my kid crying over his dead pet will be blown up and posted on every social media outlet i can find, under the headline of Thinking about BG? Think again, what you are looking at is a true picture of the real face of BG`s customer care.

Im told a service engineer will try and call today as they recognise this is not my doing. Too late, im calling The Sun and every National i can think of. If it was not for the CAG, i would be even more lost, if anyone takes my story, il be happy to mention that.

Edited by Crotalus

I have been advised to let you know the following..

I think that she has an excellent action for trespass. Quite straightforward. No needed for a lawyer and probably quite a lot in damages.

I'd be looking for actual lossess

Plus aggravated damages for the abuse of the court process plus punitive damages.

She could bring the whole thing in at under 10k but leave or to the discretion of the court.

If she is up for it we'll help her.

She will achieve nothing through the ombudsman.

It is small claim or nothing

Edited by citizenB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Crotalus, you may get some calls shortly from the press – let us know if anyone makes contact.

Thank you, absolutely il take any help i can get. But more than that, i don`t want this to happen to anyone else. If it was winter i hate to think of the consequences.

After speaking to the young guy last night who patronised me over asking for the PPM to be removed ect, i said to him at the end of the call " can i confirm then that the credit meter will be installed and my gas supply reinstated" he said yes. When i questioned this today, i was told yes it was correct what i had been promised but the guy did not say the gas supply would be switched back ON, just reconnected.

I keep expecting Aston Kutcher to come jumping out at me.

Still no call back from the service engineers.

Crotalus, you may get some calls shortly from the press – let us know if anyone makes contact.

Absolutely i will DonkeyB thank you. You have made note of my number, il edit it now. CAG and its representatives are welcome to pass my number on to anyone they feel can help us.

I’m also trying to put some pressure on BG via social media (EDIT: they’ve responded!). Let’s get this sorted by whatever means possible.

Edited by DonkeyB

It has also been suggested that you write to the court where British Gas obtained the Warrant. You say that both you and the LL advised British Gas that any debt was due by the previous tenant and the LL even gave a forwarding address. In which case the Warrant has been obtained unlawfully and the Court might not be to happy about this.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks guys, ive posted a link to this thread on the BG facebook page too. Bets are on how long it stays there.

Im composing a letter to the Court right now. Im still gobsmacked a Court will issue a warrant to The Occupier! A warrant i have yet to see.