Natwest Mortgage shortfall account/Default vanished on 6yrs expiry - now its back - help

davehoward79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2221 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This was a joint mortgage, yes ?

Were you both issued with claims and judgments ?

You are aware that you are both responsible for the debt - is it likely that your ex is making payments or has acknowledged the debt ?

Yes this was a joint mortgage

Im assuming she did received jdgements, but as i said things where VERY bitter, so never really come up in conversation lol

Yes i am aware we are both responsible for the debt, but i can assure you my x wife would NEVER want to pay this, which has always left me in a corner :(

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if the debt went off the CRA file in may 2013 [6yrs defaulted date]

nothing can bring it back

12yrs mortgage limitation makes no odds

there is nowt in the ICO default rules that says anything other than 6yrs.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if the debt went off the CRA file in may 2013 [6yrs defaulted date]

nothing can bring it back

12yrs mortgage limitation makes no odds

there is nowt in the ICO default rules that says anything other than 6yrs.

dx

Hi dx, thats what i thought! I was just unsure what to do to stop whoever it is recording late payments on the file. After some invaluable advice from members, im better advised and a bit more clear where to go next with this

if the debt is back on your cra file

it wil say who the owner is

get noddle report

check its the same

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

OK, i will spk to the Natwest tomorrow, and see what they say. Is the template a SAR request form?

Dave

Probably sensible to check cra files prior to speaking to NatWest.

New entries tend to crop up in an attempt to draw the other party to the table. You have to ask yourself why its now being reported and what the creditor would hope to achieve.

get noddle report

check its the same

dx

On the credit file, it says natwest, but i have phoned the litigation dept for the natwest this morning, and they have no record of me? hmmmm...the plot thickens

Dave

Probably sensible to check cra files prior to speaking to NatWest.

New entries tend to crop up in an attempt to draw the other party to the table. You have to ask yourself why its now being reported and what the creditor would hope to achieve.

I regualy check my experian CRA file. Im thinking thats excactly the reason why they have registered these late payments against me!

On the credit file, it says natwest, but i have phoned the litigation dept for the natwest this morning, and they have no record of me? hmmmm...the plot thickens

Was it NatWest who were the claimant at the time of repossession ? If so, then I would have thought they would need to keep records for the full 12 years, especially if they were intending to continue pursuing for the shortfall ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

get noddle report

check its the same

dx

I have signed up and checked my noodle account. Intrestingly, there is information on my noodle account that is not on my Credit report? how is noodle different to experian? Also, the payments that this post relates to does not show on my noodle account, but is abviously on my credit file?

Was it NatWest who were the claimant at the time of repossession ? If so, then I would have thought they would need to keep records for the full 12 years, especially if they were intending to continue pursuing for the shortfall ?

Yes it was the Natwest who where the claiment. But according to a few ppl on here, there not allowed to pursue after the 6 yeras? is this not the case?

Don't write to any 3rd party Dave before coming back here please!!

I have spoken to the natwest, and the debt is still with them. However, they did say that the file is with there solicitors (shoesmiths), so i would need to spk with them. However, i am reluctent to do so until i am advised otherwise by the community!

I asked about making a SAR, and they said i would have to make the SAR request to the solicitors, and they would go back to the bank for the full details of the account!

so, where next?

Well Dave that's a complete load of bowlocks from NW the SAR goes to the Data Controller at the London Head Office by recorded signed for delivery.

Shoosmiths are ''solicitor'' the to rent used often by the dregs of the debt collection industry.

They will NOT have the data you require.

Why bother with Shoosmiths when they will just forward the SAR to NW anyway.

Get the SAR done asap Dave is my advice, and use the template from the CAG library.

Also include this in the same envelope.

The Data Controller

NatWest Plc

Ref: account No.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

COMPLAINT:

Sir/Madam,

I wish to draw your NatWest is causing to be displayed on my Credit Reference Files held by xxxxxxxxxx credit reference agencies.

I attach herewith a screen print of the offending entry (s) which now show a 'live account' 6 months in arrears, this entry was placed on xx xx xxxx, following the removal of the previous entry which showed as defaulted, this was quite properly removed on the 6th anniversary of the original default date.

I require NatWest Plc to furnish me with a full and detailed explanation as to why the manifestly unfair action has been taken by the bank.

I have enclosed herewith a Subject Access Request made under the Data Protection Act 1998 together with the statutory fee of £10.00, which is entirely separate from the complaint laid out above.

Therefore your immediate response is required to the complaint and MUST NOT be included with the SAR and its 40 day time scale.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I'm working on the basis that the account was defaulted prior to the court claim, let's see what they say, the account would not have been removed if no default was in place.

This may spark them up and get things sorted out for you.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Excellent, i shall set about this this evening and await there reply!

I'm working on the basis that the account was defaulted prior to the court claim, let's see what they say, the account would not have been removed if no default was in place.

This may spark them up and get things sorted out for you.

One more question. I have been reading up on the limitations act 1980, and from what i can make out, the claiment have 12 years on shortfall payments, providing that it is capital owed and not interest. I know the money owing is capital, so would this not apply to my case?

Excellent, i shall set about this this evening and await there reply!

Just give me a buzz if you need help, I'll be around its to hot to move!!:-D

One more question. I have been reading upo on the limitauins act 1980, and from what i can make out, the claiment have 12 years on shortfall payments, providing that it is capital owed and not intrest. I know the money owing is capital, so would this not apply to my case?

Correct, BUT the Council of Mortgage Lenders, which I believe NW are a member of have agreed that if no contact has been made with the debtor for 6 years they will not pursue mortgage shortfall debts, to bring these in to line with the limitations on other debt.

Correct, BUT the Council of Mortgage Lenders, which I believe NW are a member of have agreed that if no contact has been made with the debtor for 6 years they will not pursue mortgage shortfall debts, to bring these in to line with the limitations on other debt.

yes, waaay too hot :) musnt complain though!

Yes, i did read that somewhere actually...again many thanks for ALL of your excellenr advice!

SAR template is in the CAG Library Green Tab top LH of this thread just under ''Banks & Credit' sub-forum header.

Is this the corr4ect one BD?

[your address]

[their address]

[DATE]

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT/REF NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx (or multiple numbers if more than one account)

Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.

Please note that I require disclosure of any personal datalink3.gif which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you.

This Subject Access Requestis includes - but is not limited to any data you hold about me in respect of any matter and held in any form including notes, screen notes, recordings, internal correspondence and external corresppondence.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return.

If I do not hear from you then I will assume that this Statutory Request is satisfactory and that the 40 day timescale has started.

Yours faithfully,

[signaturelink3.gif]

[name]

That's fine, some like to quote chapter and verse of the DPA 1998 but its totally unnecessary as the Data Controllers know what you want.

Mark the cheque or postal order ''for statutory fee only''. Use recorded signed for post.

That's fine, some like to quote chapter and verse of the DPA 1998 but its totally unnecessary as the Data Controllers know what you want.

Mark the cheque or postal order ''for statutory fee only''. Use recorded signed for post.

Hi BD, what is the address for the Natwest Data Controller pls?

SAR requests can go to the bank's registered office

National Westminster Bank Plc.135 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 3UR.

Mark it for the attention of "The Data Controller".

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

SAR requests can go to the bank's registered office

National Westminster Bank Plc.135 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 3UR.

Mark it for the attention of "The Data Controller".

Thank you ims:-)