Natwest Mortgage shortfall account/Default vanished on 6yrs expiry - now its back - help

davehoward79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK SAR sent with a £10 postal order, recorded delivery. I have to ask the question though BD, what exactly will this acheive?

A SAR will produce ALL the data the creditor holds on you and the account (s) you have with it.

Including the information as to why the nonsense with the credit files is occurring and why they have passed this to the solicitors.

All very valuable data for when it comes to challenging the banks actions.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

A SAR will produce ALL the data the creditor holds on you and the account (s) you have with it.

Including the information as to why the nonsense with the credit files is occurring and why they have passed this to the solicitors.

All very valuable data for when it comes to challenging the banks actions.

OK Fair point!. will i get the CCA with the SAR, or is it worth paying the £1 fee and requesting it, or just sit tight till the SAR comes back?

All ways worth a separate CCA request as there is actually no obligation for a creditor to supply the agreement with a SAR as this is covered by sections 77/78 of CCA1974.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Are there any templates on here that i can use to request the CCA?

Yes CAG library top left of the thread green button just below 'Banks & Credit.

Again, do i address this to the Natwest Data Controller?

Same envelope as the SAR, you want a copy of the mortgage contract.

wooops, already sent the SAR off this afternoon :(

will just have to pay for the cost of another recorded delivery, oh well!

Hi Dave you could send this 1st Class and get free proof of posting.

No not acknowledged, Dave Complied with within the 12+2 working days, from the date posted by 1st class post.

Can't bring up the form here, yes it is the right one.

No not acknowledged, Dave Complied with within the 12+2 working days, from the date posted by 1st class post.

OK BD Thanks

Another quesry, if i may. I have been researching the council of CML practice. Is it true that although, in the last six years (last letter relating to the shortfall was about 12 months ago) i have received leeters from various solicitors and ignored them, then the CML practice is not valiud in this case as the lender has made reasonable effort to make contact, even though i did ignore these letters?

Debateable that one if the letters were sent signed for or with proof of posting there may be a problem, we need to have the data from the SAR to make judgements on this.

Debateable that one if the letters were sent signed for or with proof of posting there may be a problem, we need to have the data from the SAR to make judgements on this.

None of the letters where sent requiring a signature, that much i am certain of

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Brig, i have had my cca request returned from the Natwest stating that

1. they need a signature on the CCA Request

2. They need additional security info. They have asked me to go to a local branch with my passport\driving licence, and get them to send the photocopies

3. As i have recently moved, they have asked for a utility bill with my name and address on

Shall i be forthcoming with all these?

Also, my SAR request was lost by royal mail so i have sent another one yesterday. Will i be correct in assuming that that will be returned based on the above problems with the CCA request, apart from the signature because i did sign my SAR request?

NO signature is needed on a CCA request refer who ever stated this nonsense to refer to the banks compliance department who MUST know that this is not correct.

So when you go into the branch tell them this.

For a SAR you should sign with the normal signature you use, this is after all a request for sensitive personal data.

NO signature is needed on a CCA request refer who ever stated this nonsense to refer to the banks compliance department who MUST know that this is not correct.

So when you go into the branch tell them this.

For a SAR you should sign with the normal signature you use, this is after all a request for sensitive personal data.

Hi Brig, the letter was stamped with the SAR department stamp? Is thgere any particular ruling that stated this is not requested so i can into branch quoting this?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi BD, hope ypur keeping well

i have just received the SAR data, everything is in there i expected. Even the original mortgage agreement that myself and my X wife signed

No CCA though. I have resent the request only yesterday, as they rejcted the 1st request and requested proof of address

So obviously my next question is what is it im looking for, and what to do next? The default is still on my Credit File, and has recently been updated

i have just received the SAR data, everything is in there i expected. Even the original mortgage agreement that myself and my X wife signed

No CCA though. I have resent the request only yesterday, as they rejcted the 1st request and requested proof of address

So obviously my next question is what is it im looking for, and what to do next? The default is still on my Credit File, and has recently been updated

There is no obligation for a creditor to supply a CCA with a SAR, CCA '74 sects 77/78 cover that.

What shows on the CRA file now.

There is no obligation for a creditor to supply a CCA with a SAR, CCA '74 sects 77/78 cover that.

This is nonsense. A request made under the DPA has absolutely nothing to do with the consumer credit act. Please ring up the ICO and ask them.

The creditor must release all information relating to the data subject.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS