JSA sanction

wjamie23
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello i have received a letter yesterday from DWP saying that they have stopped my money for 4 weeks because i failed to attend a WP appointment at TCV. the reason i failed to attend was that i had a death in the family which was not very nice since i was the one who found my aunt dead in her bad which was a shock to me. with everything going through my head i totally forgot about my appointment which i told them this which they said yesterday morning in the letter that it was not a good enough reason.also with them stopping my money i'm not going to able to go to my next WP appointment since i will not have any money for travelling.

any help on what to do would be great

thanks

Sorry to hear of the circumstances and your sanction. You need to appeal the decison, and should have received details on how to do this with your letter. Years ago my OH came home and found my father had collapsed and died .Was due to a massive heart attack. OH called out our GP, who had to contact the police as it was a sudden death and my father had been alone when he died. Anyone of these services could amybe be able to confirm this for you if you ask for it.

Hopefully someone else will be along tomorrow to advise on whether there's some sort of income you can claim meantime to get to your next apointments, as think if you don't attend it causes other problems. . Once again sorry for your loss , appreciate the shock you'd feel in finding your aunt. My OH wasn't himself for days afterwards.

ok thanks. well i have just been on phone to job center they where no help i told them that i would have no money for my next appointment for bus fairs and basically said i would have to find away to get down i live about 10 miles away form tcv.so i am a bit of trouble cannot do anything about it

Did you receive a letter asking you for your reasons for not attending the appointment with the provider either from the provider or from the DMA team (Decision Making and Appeals team)?

If you did you reply within the required 7 days?

The next thing you need to do is to request a reconsideration in writing and you could choose to do this in a letter or on form GL24DWP. If you do it by letter note that if the reconsideration is unfavourable then you wish to pursue an appeal.

You still need to attend you signing at JCP and appointments at the provider as normal during this period or further referral would be made and you may have you claim closed for failing to sign.

You should also request for JSA/ESA10JP from the JCP office and claim for hardship allowance, if you are in a vunerable group (pregnant person, child or long term health condition either supported by a DLA award or a letter from your GP confirming that the condition has been diagnosed prior to the application and this is for you or a person within your claim) you can be considered from day 1 of the sanction, but if not in a vunerable group then you may only be considered from day 15 of the sanction.

ok thanks for the information really helped a lot,as soon as i received the letter i filled it in the same day and sent that off the i received another last saturday saying that the reason was not good enough.I went to the job center yesterday to sign my declaration and i told them that they have stopped my money for 4 weeks and that i'm not going to able to go to the tcv place and they got me to sign the form for hardship and then the man i spoke to said we will try and fit you in for a reconsider so just waiting to hear back from them now fingers crossed