Be weisr not issuing NCB on my car

proud-dad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need help as I am not sure what is the best plan of action in this case.

I have 2 years NCB expired on 06-02-2011.

Last year in May 2012 I took out a car insurance policy with Be Wiser Insurance for 12 months and paid higher premium.

As you are all know that 99.99% insurance companies accept a NCB valid within 2 years.

when I looked around for car insurance lats year I was not aware of that until I spoke to Be Wiser.

I told them that having 2 years 2 NCB will help me to low the Premium.

They asked when does the policy expires and if i have it handy, which I did not.

I told the truth and said dont have the paperwork but will post it to them and also not sure if it was within 2 years or not.

They agreed to not use 2 years NCB but agreed that I will get 3 years NCB at the end of policy.

After taking out policy I found the 2 years NCB and posted them hoping all is in good hand.

I also had a phone call confirming of that.

Now the 1 years finished and they are only giving me 1 year which in my opinion is not fair.

After emailing them they have sent me a reply, which is below so could someone please help me with this

and advise me what to do to get my 3 years NCB??

Many thanks

Thank you for your recent email.

As advised at the inception of the policy we were advised that you did not have any No Claims Bonus free to use on this policy,

we based this policy on 2 years driving history earned on a second policy with Yes Insurance.

As you have earned 1 years No Claims Bonus whilst insured with ourselves the No Claims Bonus documentation you have received is correct.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any queries.

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I'll move your thread to the insurance forum, where the guys will be able to advise you. They should be along later. There will be short term redirect left on this forum for you to follow to the new one.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

A bit silly. All they have to do is apply the 2 years NCB proof to the inception date and adjust the premium. Suggest a complaint in writing to the Managing Director Of BeWiser advising them that you believe that you have been treated unfairly and if this is not resolved, you will ask the FOS to intervene.

I read of so many complaints about BeWiser and their customer service, that I wonder whether they have a culture of trying to ensure customer satisfaction.

If you read the FCA ( previously FOS) handbook it say that Insurers must act in a fair and transparent manner, so customers know on what basis they are being quoted or covered. So if they have mislead you about the NCB or there has been a misunderstanding, they should try to resolve this.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread