Pleaseee Help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I stupidly had a loan for £100, only received £80.50 from minicredit when me and my partner split up..

I was on maternity leave and made redundant from work so was left in the deep end massively, no payments coming in from work, no benefits barr my child benefit as tax credits stopped payment due to me becoming a single person..

I missed the payment, I have phoned them several times to be either hung up on or to be spoken to like a piece of sh*t in which I have got upset and hung up..

I have now had a letter from them stating the doorstep collector will be coming between 19th - 22nd June.

What can I do? I have sent them a letter stating I do not wish anyone to come to my house etc and that I only want to be contacted through letter.

They also have told me I owe £650.00 after already taking £50 out of my account.

Someone please help! Im so stressed over all this and trying to deal with personal issues

WHy stress about it? They cant do anything, and add on these silly charges to scare and threaten you into paying. They will never go near a court with those charges, and NO doorstep collector will call. If they do, tell them to bog off or youll call the police. They are not bailiffs, even though they will try and say otherwise. In short, theres nothing to worry about.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Ive never had a debt in which I cannot pay before, this is why im stressing so much because I couldnt afford to pay it because my payments had been stopped and since then they just keep adding charges.

I cant believe £100 loan is now sitting at £650 after they took £50. Its ridiculous.

This company is one of the worst, and will lie, cheat and do anything to extort more money out of you. They have total disregard for the law, which is why we call them 'Legal loan sharks'.

The loan isn't sitting at £650. That is a random number that they choose to scare you into paying them more than you need to. Same as the loan sharks that knock on peoples doors.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Send one letter or email a week, stating your repyament proposals. Tell them you will not pay the extortionate and unlawful charges that they have levied. Your repayment proposal is NON NEGOTIABLE and you will file a full complaint with the regulators if they do no agree your repayment plan.

Normally i would advise people start off polite and apologetic, but in minicredits case, you need to treat them like toothfairy and speedcredit. YOU are in charge of your money, NOT them.

• Confused 1