MiniCredit & Opos

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3602 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how minicredit state on their main page that they are allowed to charge unenforceable, unlawful and vastly inflated charges.

Application / Licence Details
Licence Number:
Licence Status:
Current
Current Applicant / Licensee:
Business Name	Company Registration Number
Microcredit Limited	06677980
Public Notices:
Stage	Date	Document Link	Event Number	Notes
Minded To Revoke	03/03/2014		6	 
Categories:
Consumer credit
Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:
No
Trading Name(s) (Current):
Minicashloans.Co.Uk
MiniCredit.co.uk
Trading Name(s) (Historic):
Mobileloans.eu
Issued Date:
05-Nov-2008
Date Maintenance Payment Due:
04-Nov-2018
Legal Formation:
Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)
Current Individuals that run the organisation:
Name	Position
Andres Valdmann	 
Historic Individuals that run the organisation:
Name	Position
Kristjan Valdmann	 
Nature of Business:
Cheque Cashing Services
Current Address(es):
Address Type	Address
Correspondence	85-87, Borough High Street, London, SE1 1NH
Principal Place Of Business	85-87, Borough High Street, London, Greater London, SE1 1NH, United Kingdom
Registered Office	85-87, Borough High Street, London, Greater London, SE1 1NH, United Kingdom
Historic Address(es):
Address Type	Address
Correspondence	30, BOROUGH HIGH STREET, LONDON, SE1 1XU
Principal Place Of Business	30, BOROUGH HIGH STREET, LONDON, SE1 1XU
Principal Place Of Business	BOROUGH HIGH STREET, 30, LONDON, SE1 1XU
Registered Office	30 Borough High Street, Borough High Street, London, Greater London, SE1 1XU, Uk

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

If there's a minded to revoke I'm now concerned if the ombudsman decides in my favour they will just shut up shop and refuse to refund which could be 12 months of fighting for absolutely nothing

Forget the Ombudsman, Minicredit couldn't care less as to what they think.

Send them a letter before action outlining your basis of claim, then give them 28 days to reply with either a dispute or settlement offer. If they fail, then issue proceedings against them at their registered address.

• 3 weeks later...

My latest from the adjudicator is that she's upheld my complaint. She upheld this first in November 2013 which Mini Credit disagreed with, then reassessed and again upheld which she's actually added more monetary charges against minimuppets. Again they have disagreed so after the 11th April it's going to be assessed again by an ombudsman. I'm hoping that I'll eventually get this all sorted and finally be able to get some cash back from them. Well fingers crossed anyway.

Be aware, that there is a lengthy queue to get the complaint to the ombudsman. Minicredit know this which is why they are dragging it out. Especially with the notice that has been placed on their credit licence.

Plus the FOS would have already charged Minicredit more than the debt is worth, simply for taking on the complaint. But minicredit dont like being proven wrong, so theyre trying to save face.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

It's been going for nearly 12 months now so I'm quite happy to sit back and wait for the ombudsman to make a decision. I don't think that Minicredit have a "minded to revoke" I thought it was Microlend Ltd which is a different company.

Sorry my mistake they do have a minded to revoke. Which on the one hand is fantastic and I hope that this bunch of jokers go out of business but on the other is a nightmare for me as the ombudsman has my complaint and are progressing so if their licence does get revoked and my complaint is upheld does that mean it's very unlikely that I'm going to get the refund that is quite clearly due?

• 2 weeks later...

Howdi

I feel your pain and just have started a complaint with Minicredit... This kristel person seems to be a bit doolaley and has really poor grammar...

I know how you feel :( Good Luck on this one.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• 2 months later...

Success!!!!

I've just had notification from the ombudsman that they've reached their final decision. They've upheld my complaint and agreed with the adjudicator that Minicredit did not treat me fairly or responded to my financial difficulties positively or sympathetically and therefore it is fair and reasonable for Minicredit to refund the interest applied to my account and £635 of charges.

So I will be accepting this decision.

Wonder if Kristel Martinson still has a job!

Ok so I seriously think that Ms Martinson is now playing stupid games here. She's emailed me but her figures don't seem to tie up with what the ombudsman says.

The FOS states the following:

My Final Decision

My decision is that I uphold this complaint and I order Microcredit Limited (trading as MiniCredit.co.uk) to refund to XXX the interest applied to XXX account from 23 April 2012 to 27 June 2012 and also the sum of £635

Ms Martinson has emailed today and said

I am writing to you regarding the Final decision made by the FOS. Microcredit Ltd should refund £507.64 according to the Ombudsman's view.

Calculation shows that you had to pay the balance £582.60 that consisted of the following:

1. Principal £220

2. Interest 84* £2.2=£182.60 (1% of the principal per day for period 31/01/2012 - 23/04/2012)

3. Overdue charges £25

4. Overdue charges £55

5. Overdue charge £100

You paid £1090.24 to Opos so you should have a refund of £507.64 (£1090.24 minus £582.60)

I've emailed back to say that I disagree with her assessment and have referred it back to the ombudsman as their final assessment differs (see above)

She's now emailed me to say

£635 were the failed debit attempt fees added to the balance after the due date (127 times £5)

The total balance was £1362.80 but you paid £1090.24 and therefore as you did not pay for all the debit attempt fees of £635 I am not able to refund something you have not paid for. The FOS assessed all the charges and interest that were added to the balance £1362.80 and considered that £635 along with the interest added after 23/04/2012 were not supposed to be payable by you.

Surely if the FOS say pay £635 plus the interest that's what they are supposed to pay???

They pay the exact number the FOS told them to pay. Nothing more, nothing less.

They pay the exact number the FOS told them to pay. Nothing more, nothing less.

Exactly that if they start messing with the figures report to the OMBUDSMAN immediately.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 3 weeks later...

Now I'm completely confused and have absolutely no idea what I've agreed to with the ombudsman now. The FOS adjudicator has looked into my request for clarification due to Minicredit wanting to settle at a lower figure and has said

I am emailing in response to your email below. The business requested further clarification of the ombudsman’s final decision which I have now responded. The business has explained that it has not received a payment towards the fee amount of £635 so was not able to refund this to you. I have explained that this amount should be removed from your outstanding balance.

Therefore, unless the business has any further questions I have requested the business to complete the settlement as soon as possible. Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

So am I supposed to get a refund of £635 plus the interest or not??? Can't decide who's worse the FOS or Minicredit now!