I'm so fat..best way to lose weight?

Brownguy53
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys..I'm 24 and so fat :( I weight 12.5 stones. i've tried diets, cutting chocs, fizzy drinks etc out my diet completely. Exercises everything and its all failed. I've started now thinking it's my form/technique when exercising and that i'm joining a gym.

I've bought a few supplements from holland and barrett and once again cut out all choc/fizzy drinks from my diet.

starting drinking or trying to drink i should say 8 glasses of water too a day. Now my diet consists of meats, fruit, activia, pasta sauces, pasta, (brown), brown bread, ham, veg- lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes. Eggs+ cheese. Mayo+ tuna.

Is joining a gym the best thing for me to do? Its my belly mainly I want to lose but i've been to experts who say am kidding myself if i'll lose it in 6 months.

Congrats on making the step to change your lifestyle.

My son is 6'4" and weighed 17st, he has in the the last year lost 2 stone by healthy eating and exercising ( non gym) so please keep going, joining a gym is a good idea as they will advise on what you need and you are doing things correctly.

Losing weight is not an over night success so please be patient and be proud of yourself

I'm 6 foot 1. The main problem i've had in the past is that I get bored in the gym, espically in my town where theres a lack of machines and it's a small gym with alot of people.

I since bought myself a home gym and although I use it i'd say am only doing 30-40 reps a day 5 times a week, 1 day on 1 day off.

I'm hoping to lose alot..because 12.5 stone is too much . The GP told me i'm normal weight for my age but all my friends are skinny or slim. We're all going to Ibiza this year and I feel like i'll probably be ridiculed because i have man boobs and a belly :( so thats become my motivation now..

Pop along to your local weight watchers, or slimming world. Far more men go these days, and you should get encouragement from the other group members. If you do that, where you will learn to eat healthily, and combine it with the gym or whatever other exercise takes your fancy, you can bet your bottom dollar in 6 months you'll easily see a new you.

I did it years ago, I got up to 14.5 stone and even at 5ft 9" it wasn't possible to hide it with my height any longer - it was all coming out the front! The shock my body got when I started the WW diet (first ever diet) made the weight drop off. The first week is torture, of course you think you will die. You don't die, you lose about 4 - 5lbs. Then every week, provided you stick to it, you steadily lose about 1 - 2 lbs.

Give it a go and come back and tell us "I'm a slim Jim". Good luck.

too me it doesn't sound like you need to lose weight, have you looked into toning up your body?

the holiday is motivation for you , seriously speak to someone at your local gym about body toning instead of weight loss.

61 % of the uk are now oveweight weight according to a research poll. I have no time for these polls myself.

Loosing weight is beneficial to fitness etc, but do not be bullied by peoples negative comments. You are an individual and its inner strengths that count.

What do you judge being overweight by, not being a size 00 according to fashion mags

All i am going to say is remember karen carpenter

Karen Carpenter (musician): Went on a water diet to lose weight and, as she put it, to appear more attractive. Continued to diet even after losing 20 lbs, until her death at the age of 32. She died of cardiac arrest due to anorexia.

Who the hell is karen carpenter? Lol and aww thanks guys. Your all too nice. No I am fat :( thats why i've even tried ultrasonic lip..although I admit the woman said your not fat to me..I am. I don't want to be super skinny just enough that when i put on a shirt my belly doesnt stick out. I've changed my diet to the above so am hoping sticking to it would be good. Right now for me it's the cost of the gym- it's too much in my area.

Who the hell is Karen carpenter?

Probably the greatest singer of all time

she died through starving herself after a newspaper report called her chubby when she appeared on TV

princess Dianna suffered from bulimia through comments by the press,

negative comments are very dangerous to some people and i do not appreciate your flippant remark to a recognised medical illness

when reports come across my desk on people being absent from work through eating disorders cause by people saying negative comments such as pig and "you fat bas--rd"

i take great exception to peoples opinion on "what is overweight"

as stated

is it those mannequins in shops, size oo,. models on a cat walk

Derogatory comments are not acceptable, after all, how many people reading this thread have a "wash board stomach"

But apology accepted, information and education is the key

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&cad=rja&ved=0CEcQtwIwBg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DicDlp_Ry878&ei=FmZoUYrKAYaZO57RgbAF&usg=AFQjCNHy0rNgS9N9n2UKe68yU9XkLj6TCA&bvm=bv.45175338,d.ZWU

HAVE A LOOK AT KAREN CARPENTER JUST BEFORE SHE DIED. IT WAS NEGATIVE COMMENTS ON HER WEIGHT THAT CAUSED HER DEATH, NOTHING ELSE

THIS IS WHAT AN EATING DISORDER CAN DO

If you look up LENA ZAVARONI on youtube you will see & read about her ordeal with Anorexia from the age of 13 through to 35 when she passed away due to complications from Anorexia and depression. Lena was a Scottish child singer with an amazing voice like an adult. She was incredibly popular in the 70's & 80's. in the U.K ! Cute small and a little plump from the age of 9 or10 ! By 13 she was an Anorexic ! Like Karen she didn't feel good about herself. Both gentle & sweet girls

Edited by squaddie

totally agree with squaddie, I never called my son fat, it was when the doctor said he was borderline obese he decided to change his eating habits, I supported him the whole way and still do now.

My daughters are the same tho they continually call themselves fat, my oldest daughter is well proportioned, what I would call puppy fat and she has curves where I would love curves lol, my youngest is slender, athletic even, but states she's fat,

Its a battle to convince her she's not, but society today makes that hard.

I tell my kids there is no such thing as a perfect body, I'm just hoping my youngest starts to realise that and accept that the way her body is is right for her

12.5 stone is NOT fat unless you sub 5 foot. Look into toning your body to increase definition. You do NOT need to diet.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Its a battle to convince her she's not, but society today makes that hard.

Thats the problem, we are being dictated to by the high street on what is acceptable to look like in the eyes of these so called fashion industry. What is even more alarming is that kids are getting younger and younger with eating disorders.

If you want to look like a supermodel, look into there social history. They die young, are anti social, have continued health care and social problems, and are burnt out at a young age.

A real role model to look up to that

JUST SHOW YOUR KIDS OTHER CHILDREN WITH AN EATING DISORDER, THAT WILL KNOCK SOME OF THE BOVINE EXCREMENT OUT OF THERE MINDS AND GIVE THEM A DOSE OF REALITY

I have shown them anorexic/ bulemia images and it did upset them, but it is still hard,

I tell them they are fine, but my youngest is 14 and thinks she's 'fat' I am hoping and praying this will pass and Yes I do keep an eye on her eating habits just incase

12.5 stone is NOT fat unless you sub 5 foot. Look into toning your body to increase definition. You do NOT need to diet.

Hello there.

I agree with the imp. My OH is 6' 1" and wouldn't tell me what he weighs [if he knows], but I'd lay money it's more than 12 stone odd. He might be heavily built, but he plays tennis to a reasonable standard 2 or 3 times a week and is physically fit.

You certainly wouldn't call him fat. As has been said, if you don't like your body shape, toning is the way to go. Even walking is beneficial and swimming is good if you have joint problems. It doesn't take long to get results.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

what a disgrace when a child thinks she is fat because of the constant media images she is being subjected to tell her different

I know, I showed her a picture of dawn French eau natural the other day and even she stated that she looked really nice considering her weight, so my reply was " see you don't have to be stick thin, many women are plus size and men do like plus size women, so don't believe all the hype about size 0

Hopefully she will realise and be happy with herself after all she is still growing and developing

that is so true

I was 7.5 stone for years, ate what I wanted hardly any exercise and then after my third child I weighed 9.5 stone, my doctor told me not to lose the weight as I looked alot healthier and so far I have maintained an ideal weight, not quite 9.5 but just under and I am happy with that so all I can do is keep an eye on my daughter,

I did it years ago, I got up to 14.5 stone and even at 5ft 9" it wasn't possible to hide it with my height any longer - it was all coming out the front! The shock my body got when I started the WW diet (first ever diet) made the weight drop off. The first week is torture, of course you think you will die. You don't die, you lose about 4 - 5lbs. Then every week, provided you stick to it, you steadily lose about 1 - 2 lbs.

Give it a go and come back and tell us "I'm a slim Jim". Good luck.

Think of WW and Slimming World as lifestyle changes instead of a diet. From what I understand, they make you think differently about food?

If you can manage the healthy eating, Low fat diet and plenty of exercise you will loose the weight.

I lost 2 stone in 60 days on a sensible diet and plenty of exercise, 48 minutes treadmill and then 45 minutes weights.

Am a smoker so the treadmill was a killer but a beach picture above the treadmill kept me motivated, No pain no gain as I looked at it.

Had a great holiday, Felt great with my new look, belly was my problem too but lost most of it it in those 60 days.

Afraid to say I never kept it off though, Holiday too good and beer flowing too easy so gained a stone since then but going back to my routine again

for this years hols.

Good luck, keep motivated,

George