Jobcentre Illegally Sacked Thousands of Workers

osdset
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In yet another humiliating court defeat for Iain Duncan Smith, thousands of sacked Jobcentre staff may be entitled to compensation due to an employment tribunal ruling that they were unlawfully sacked.

Story http://johnnyvoid.wordpress.com/2013/03/27/jobcentre-illegally-sacked-thousands-of-workers/

As the article states I wonder if IDS will attempt to retrospectively change the law on this one.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Two former Jobcentre staff, supported by PCS Union, took the department to an employment tribunal, which ruled they should have been legally paid redundancy. Thousands of workers sacked by Iain Duncan Smith could now be entitled to claim compensation which is likely to cost up to £1 million.

Good for them! I hope they screw the buggers over this. :D

Good for them! I hope they screw the buggers over this. :D

Would it not be very interesting if the figure was £130 million? Imagine the uproar if JCP workers won the same payout that JSA claimants were denied.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

This is a pretty basic mistake - I worked for a small charity where everyone was on yearly fixed term contracts - some people for many years. The charity knew to pay redundancy in those circumstances. Very silly mistake.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Would it not be very interesting if the figure was £130 million? Imagine the uproar if JCP workers won the same payout that JSA claimants were denied.

Yes! and I'm waiting for doughnuts to fall from the sky. At least my dream has more chance of coming off!

my best

pitcher

Edited by pitcher

Awop-Bop-A-Loo-Mop-Alop-Bam-Boom. ~ Little Richard.

Yes! and I'm waiting for doughnuts to fall from the sky. At least my dream has more chance of coming off!

my best

pitcher

Mate, that Karen Gillan is totally into me. I swear, she told me so!

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

My first love was a redhead so I take your point but when I last met Karen, she said she was "SO INTO ME" and I take her word on that. but there you go, still waiting for the doughnuts though.

pitcher

Edited by pitcher

Temporal field collapsing....alternate reality too improbable to maintain...

What concerns me with this is it is yet another blunder by IDS.

Yes those sacked won and may now claim compensation followed all the others sacked.

But who is going to pay for this blunder NOT IDS, NOT the GOVERNMENT but the TAXPAYER AGAIN.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Yes those sacked won and may now claim compensation followed all the others sacked.

But who is going to pay for this blunder NOT IDS, NOT the GOVERNMENT but the TAXPAYER AGAIN.

Stu, yes. Jokes about Karen Gillan aside, it does seem obvious that IDS gets to screw things up and expect everyone else to pay for his mistakes.

The obvious solution to this would be for IDS and the DWP to obey the law. Hey, I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Well thank you very much. Hmph.

Well thank you very much. Hmph.

Hey, if it makes you feel better, the alternate reality where David Tennant declares me stunning, beautiful and witty is too improbable to even form.

The obvious solution to this would be for IDS and the DWP to obey the law.

Hey, if it makes you feel better, the alternate reality where David Tennant declares me stunning, beautiful and witty is too improbable to even form.

We exist merely as Doctor Who castaways. 'Tis to weep.

I think IDS sounds like a Cyberman. You know..."Your claim will be deleted."

I, not that long ago, had the grave misfortune of finding myself in the same room as IDS (I say room, I mean hall). He had two “thugs” with him for protection but the thing that got me was his aloofness, arrogance and insularity, if that is a word, did more to keep anyone away from him than his “minders” could ever do.

His wife was quite happy to mingle, talk and drink a lot of red wine.

Having seen IDS at close quarters, I do not see him relating to anyone who needs to claim benefits of any sort. He seemed to be a man so possessed of his own (self)righteousness that nothing will touch him. Certainly not those in dire straits due to his “reforms”.

No, I am sure, IDS will pay for nothing, he will never be held to account, he will do his dirty work and probably end up in the House of Lords.

I want to take this opportunity to apologise to all CAG members for not spitting in his face. I did not want to dirty my spit.

pitcher

Edited by pitcher

I think IDS sounds like a Cyberman. You know..."Your claim will be deleted."

Or a dalek "skivers will be exterminated"

"all benefit claimants are skivers"

"skivers will be exterminated"

Edited by estellyn

I want to take this opportunity to apologise to all CAG members for not spitting in his face. I did not want to dirty my spit.

pitcher

No need to apologise, sir or madam. We all need to maintain standards.

You-have-an-un-neces-sary-bed-room. It-will-be-ex-term-in-ated. You-will-pay-for-your-ex-trav-a-gance!

Yes, curse their sudden and inevitable betrayal.

Well, we could have our own TARDIS. With a green and yellow sign outside. And when you press a button on the console, all the mail disappears.

Now come on the ultimate killing machine and rulers of the universes had one little flaw....

They couldn't manage stairs!

It took 30 years before the BBC retro fitted them with little rockets to manage this simple task.

Hang on I think I've just described the latest virtual aid for ESA and PIP..... Rocket powered wheel chairs they don't exist yet (well they do I've seen the youtube video) but affordable and on the NHS.....

Hang on I think I've just described the latest virtual aid for ESA and PIP..... Rocket powered wheel chairs they don't exist yet (well they do I've seen the youtube video) but affordable and on the NHS.....

And indeed, it won't matter whether or not you actually have a rocket powered wheelchair. Your assessment will be based on the assumption that you can fly whenever you feel like it.

And indeed, it won't matter whether or not you actually have a rocket powered wheelchair. Your assessment will be based on the assumption that you can fly whenever you feel like it.

Before we go all Peter Pan and Tinkerbell.

The question still needs to be asked;

would a Darlek be turned away from an ATOS ESA/PIP assessment center on health and safely grounds as they would not be able to use the stairs reliably or safely in the event of a fire when the lifts are stopped?