advice on suspensions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3899 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

spoke to union rep

hes said work may be on thin ground as they were not qualified to say my mental state was a risk to others

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They haven't. They have suspended you to investigate. That is a neutral act as any decent rep knows. Why is rep working Sunday?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

its via facebook he is also a friend

hes looking into it more

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Well, a decent rep knows suspension is a neutral act....there is nothing to look into! I would hope he is encouraging you to take up the referal.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

well works phoned

im not allowed back in untill i can prove im not a risk

didnt seem keen on a doctors note either

Please note:

havent askd yet. work said they didnt want to involve them

Please note:

Hello again.

I hope the experts will be along to comment, but this is starting to sound like Catch22 to me. They want to know you're OK, but they won't believe your GP or Occ Health? I wonder who they want to comment?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Did they tell you what you need to do to prove that you aren't a risk?

Have they done a risk assessment and have you got a copy of it?

Have you got a copy of their H&S policy?

Have you spoken to your union rep?

Are you suspended with or without pay?

Why don't they want to involve occupational health?

Have you got a copy of the procedure for placing someone on suspension and did they follow it properly?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Did they tell you what you need to do to prove that you aren't a risk?

Have they done a risk assessment and have you got a copy of it?

no abd no

Have you got a copy of their H&S policy?

nope

Have you spoken to your union rep?

yes speaking more soon

Are you suspended with or without pay?

with

Why don't they want to involve occupational health?

no idea msbager stated wasnt keen

Have you got a copy of the procedure for placing someone on suspension and did they follow it properly?

yes as far as I can tell

please see above

Please note:

Please ask them to confirm in writing the reasons for your suspension and we'll take it from there.

well meeting tommorow

they are agreeing to ocupational therepy

my doctor has said that if they write to him with a list of questions he is willing to do a full medical report

Please note:

So, what would you like to get out of the meeting? It might help to write down just a few simple points you want to get across. Such as, I didn't mean to scare anyone, I immediately sought help, I am not yet sure if the equality act covers my condition but will know after further assessment. That kind of thing?

sounds good? are you happy with that?

does your doc atm think you are ok? ie would/would not be a 'risk'? (no need to answer that, as is doc confidential, just asking. up to you)

doctor sats im fine

fairly common reaction when stressed to dream about any way outvof the cureent situatiom

hes also gicen me a sick note for stress back dated to 30th march for two weeks

appologies for the horrific typibg my tablet appears unable to keep up

Please note:

I'm confused. are you still seeing the community mental health team? I think it would still be good to.

yp still on

Please note:

had a letter today advising me im in beach of suspension terms

for contacting the person the union said I was ok to contact

entire email basicly said "I give permission to give a copy of emails to xxxxx who ismy union rep looking into this"

there going to get ab earful tommorow

forgot to add - gp also added learing difficulties to nhs system from educational phsycologist report

Edited by labrat

Please note:

well they are getting another earful today off the union

either work or the employee asistance program sent a police office in full uniform and marked car to "check i was ok"

have to see what happens next

Please note:

well still on suspension - still waiting for referal and ocupation health report

Please note:

union rang to check i was ok yesterday

Please note:

That was kind of them.

Do you have an OH date yet? And have you met the community health team?