Nhs Prescription charges..

Consumer dude
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a close friend in America who is currently trying to find medical help for his daughter who is sick. He can't afford insurance as his company stopped paying for it. He supports his wife and her family and is depressed as he is having to work every hour god sends to earn money for her medical treatment. He isn't very clued up on other countries and was shocked that we get free healthcare and the small amount we pay for prescriptions. It's made me realise that no matter how flawed the system here may be we are a damn site better off than some people so I for one won't be moaning.

I'm not sure it's that simple, consumer dude. The Scots haven't managed it yet, but I would imagine you could google the rules.

And the scots have been trying for a VERY long time.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I have a close friend in America who is currently trying to find medical help for his daughter who is sick. He can't afford insurance as his company stopped paying for it. He supports his wife and her family and is depressed as he is having to work every hour god sends to earn money for her medical treatment. He isn't very clued up on other countries and was shocked that we get free healthcare and the small amount we pay for prescriptions. It's made me realise that no matter how flawed the system here may be we are a damn site better off than some people so I for one won't be moaning.

Tell him to do what every bugger else does. Come on a "holiday over here, and a few days later go to A&E. As long as you have somewhere to stay, you get full treatment plus full aftercare. Even without health insurance :(

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Thats because there are no failsafe measures Consumer Dude. Successive governments wont put them on, so they can blame previous governments for the handling of the issue. Plus with the Conservatives, they wont be happy until they see every piece of it sold off to their best friends companies.

Thats because there are no failsafe measures Consumer Dude. Successive governments wont put them on, so they can blame previous governments for the handling of the issue. Plus with the Conservatives, they wont be happy until they see every piece of it sold off to their best friends companies.

It makes you weep don't it. No one seems to have the will to stop this nonsense. If anyone dares question it all, the race card often gets played..

The only political parties that could sort it out, are the ones whose all other policies would destroy this country.

So we are doomed..

Pretty much :lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If many people stopped misusing the NHS then it would probably have more funds.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I agree. Health tourism is a big issue I believe.

It isnt simply health tourism that is causing the shortfall in budget CD.

BCOBS

Ok, I'm happy to be educated.

People making appointments for surgeries and hospital clinics and not turning up.

Going to your GP for medicines for things like headaches, hayfever, indigestion, colds, coughs, flu, constipation and diarrhoea costs the NHS millions each year. Obviously if symptons persist - then you go to your GP. But a high percentage of people simply sneeze and are on the phone to the surgery.

Pharmacies can deal with the common cold and often the medicines from them are cheaper than a prescription.

1 in 20 medicines prescribed in just one county (Hertfordshire) are unused - this is £7 million wasted and you wonder why NHS prescription charges increase !! You dont pay the full cost of prescription medicines, you contribute to them.

A&E is for life threatening emergencies - Use NHS 111 for anything less.

Minor injuries can be treated at GP surgeries or walk in centres.

BCOBS

There was a panaroma programme a few years ago regarding the misuse of the 999 service, HB. A journalist was allowed to travel in the ambulance. One woman had called the Ambulance because she had broken a fingernail !!!

Out of the 10 callouts - only 2 were proper emergencies !!

BCOBS