IB and permitted work

a2o
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4111 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, does anyone know for certain if a request for a permitted work form whilst on IB will trigger an ESA review? I know it is coming up anyway but don't want to trigger it prematurely. So if anyone knows for sure how this works I would appreciate the help. Thank you.

Hi. I don't have any work yet but knowing this is coming anyway I thought about trying a little self employed work from home. No, it doesn't contradict the reasons I receive IB but knowing the end of IB is coming I wanted to see how I fared. I suppose the self employed element complicates things further does it, since there are all these reforms why has it not been simplified, it's such a lot of noise. Oh that was rhetorical by the way, just baffling. My thanks for your response.

:a2o:

There's no obvious reason why asking for a PW1 should trigger a conversion assessment. The regs around permitted work are the same for both benefits.

http://disabilityrightsuk.org/f35.htm

Some people feel that Atos assessors/Jobcentreplus decision makers use permitted work against them so it's important to be sure there's no contradictions between your work and a subsequent ESA50.

Don't know much about the self employed bit, but hopefully someone else will.

Good luck, Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**

I don't know about the self-employed aspect once Universal Credit comes in, perhaps it won't affect PW. But, certainly, three years ago when I was looking at self-employed PW as a real possibility, it was the way to go. You could turnover a not unreasonable sum before you found that £90 of profit in a week.

I don't mean anything underhand! But there's a lot of legitimate business expenses to be met before you paid yourself ...