!st Credit threasteneing Stat demand

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a card debt of £11,700 and just received a letter from the above saying they are considering issuing a stat demand.

The card was taken out in 2000 and I previously asked for a copy of the agreement in 2007 which came back as an unenfiorceable one. It did not have the prescribed terms and was just an application form. I stopped paying around Nov 2007.

Do I reply to the letter?

Do I request another copy of the agreement ( assuming now I'll just get a recon)

Do I ignore it?

If I send anything in (S77) does this start the SOL all over again?

Please help

Edited by up_to_my_eyes_in_it

You have already made a CCA request which was complied with, although what they sent you consider uneforceable. No point sending another in my opinion.

I think you should consider sending an SAR to the original creditor to see what they have on file. Ask for copies of all statements to be included. Then you can look to challenge any charges on the account.

An unenforceable CCA should be enough to set aside any SD they send you. Perhaps post up the reasons why you think the CCA is unenforceable, to gain opinion on this.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread