style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lend money to a Friend = ex Friend within a short time = paid for a wedding for a friend as I was best man, as he was to finish job and collect all his entitlement 2 days later, went to help home load furniture at 6 a.m. in the morning 2 days later as he was moving away = you got it = nobody there all gone, his company stated he was paid the day before his wedding, enough said and that was 28 years ago. also some newish furniture he was buying off us as we did not require the items anymore = £1,000+ out of pocket/savings all gone and more.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

how long does it take for a recorded delivery to show up as delivered online ?

It should show up almost immediately as they use those hand held computer thingies.. but you should give it at least 3 working days.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Sent the recorded deliver on 28/Feb. No signature is showing online. From experience, this is either No one answered the door or it was refused. If this happens a P739 (I think it is) is left. If no one responds to the card, will the mail be returned to me and if so will the post office give a reason ?

Sent the recorded deliver on 28/Feb. No signature is showing online. From experience, this is either No one answered the door or it was refused. If this happens a P739 (I think it is) is left. If no one responds to the card, will the mail be returned to me and if so will the post office give a reason ?

If a RD letter is not delivered then the Post office do usually return them - with a reason stamped on the envelope. If a card was left because no one was in - then that should be showing on the RM website as "undelivered - Card left"

Does anyone know how to get a telephone number of a royal mail delivery office. Not getting any luck online..

If you mean a Sorting office - then you should be able to get the telephone number either from your own Sorting office or online.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I further enquired in a post office if mail would be returned to me. If the guy refused to sign for it and that reason was given on its return, would I then be able to state in a court that am attempt was made to communicate but my post was ignored. In an effect could it be said to be delivered even though it wasn't..

If it isnt returned to you then it is deemed delivered. You have a receipt that proves you sent it.

Unfortunately letters dont always get signed for when sent RD - I had one popped through my letter box today. It is very kind of the Postman to do this especially as it was an item ordered that I was waiting on. However, it is risky for them because I could have said I didnt receive it !!

BCOBS

If it isnt returned to you then it is deemed delivered. You have a receipt that proves you sent it.

Unfortunately letters dont always get signed for when sent RD - I had one popped through my letter box today. It is very kind of the Postman to do this especially as it was an item ordered that I was waiting on. However, it is risky for them because I could have said I didnt receive it !!

The guy in the postoffice said it could take three to four weeks to be returned which sounds a long time. If the person that it was intended never signs for it, then can it be assumed that it was delivered and the reason it wasn't was because it required a signature..

Phoned up customer services of post office. (wot a joke) RD has not been signed for, couldn't tell me if am attempt had be made to deliver. Looks lose another RD has been lost in the system. Its useless..

I have found the quickest way to discover if an RD letter has been delivered is to put in a claim for the cost of the RD postage, along with a claim for the envelope/paper and time to construct your letter and the time taken to go to the post office.

You can download a claim form from their website or pick up one at the post office.

BCOBS

I have found the quickest way to discover if an RD letter has been delivered is to put in a claim for the cost of the RD postage, along with a claim for the envelope/paper and time to construct your letter and the time taken to go to the post office.

You can download a claim form from their website or pick up one at the post office.

That's a very good idea..

• 3 weeks later...
RD was delivered but not signed for. A breach of contract by royal mail ?

Who says it was delivered ? The Post office? - if no signature, how can they say it was actually delivered ?

BCOBS

If you know for a fact that it has been delivered I would not be worrying too much about the proof of the delivery. If you have retained a copy of the letter and your Royal Mail receipt indicating you send it recorded then I think that is more than enough for court purposes. The CPR only requires first class post for service of court documents, not recorded. If there is any doubt then just send the letter again.

If you know he has seen the letter you have to think about what you do next. I guess you can either try to contact him to chat about, or send a proper letter before action and follow up with court proceedings if necessary.

If he did not repay you for the wedding that is almost certainly statute barred (in England and Wales you have 6 years to pursue a debt, after that it is not legally recoverable).

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you know for a fact that it has been delivered I would not be worrying too much about the proof of the delivery. If you have retained a copy of the letter and your Royal Mail receipt indicating you send it recorded then I think that is more than enough for court purposes. The CPR only requires first class post for service of court documents, not recorded. If there is any doubt then just send the letter again.

If you know he has seen the letter you have to think about what you do next. I guess you can either try to contact him to chat about, or send a proper letter before action and follow up with court proceedings if necessary.

If he did not repay you for the wedding that is almost certainly statute barred (in England and Wales you have 6 years to pursue a debt, after that it is not legally recoverable).

Assume your post was aimed at Mike770..

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the lending of money to a friend. End of December 2012 he signed to confirm he owed me the amount of £5600.00. I sent a statement to that affect at the end of February 2013 requesting payment within 28 days. No arrangement has been made yet. What should I do now. Could I send something for him to sign to pay in installments and could I then charge interest ? I need to go on to the next step. What is the best route. I have tried to remain friendly but if he's not making an effort to communicate, what is the next move ?

bit like the wedding I paid for (borrowed off partner then) for a friend, went to get the money as he was beingpaid on the following Monday by ex employer and he had done a runner with his new bride including our cooker etc for which he was buying off us and other furniture. and he had been paid etc on the previous friday his employer informed me, pity his dad from Wales asked if I was O.K. he borrowed the money till Monday, he would give me his telephone number, I wish I had taken his number, £1,000 + out of pocket between us mostly partners.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

bit like the wedding I paid for (borrowed off partner then) for a friend, went to get the money as he was beingpaid on the following Monday by ex employer and he had done a runner with his new bride including our cooker etc for which he was buying off us and other furniture. and had been paid etc on the previous friday.

how's your situation now then.

8% Section 69 on outstanding debts once you have judgment and the Court allows the interest.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

A further meeting with friend and his wife accusing me of all sorts. and saying I owe money to her. At the end of the day I have signature of my friend to say he owes me the money. They had received the statement that I had sent so what should I do next. A letter before action perhaps ?